chapter 25

Beth

After Dev gets back and we have it out I pray that he gets how much I love him. We have connected again and each day he takes a few minutes to just be us. He does the same with Ano. Ano and I go on weekly dates. I need to be out of the house and Dev knows I need this. As I prepare to give myself to marriage I need the time to make sure i'm doing it with an open hart and clear mind. Same for Ano. We don't spend our time taking about Dev. Well not the whole time. Tonight I have planned something special for us. A cooking class. Were going to make some poke and civiche. Something I have not done a lot of. I'm excited. I actually get to dig out my chefs coat and its way to big on me. I have been working out every night. Not to loose weight but because I need the release.

When I look into the mirror and see Johns name gone I feel at peace with him. Seeing my kids names there instead is cathartic. Its like honoring where they came from but letting him go. I love the little things in it. A tiny bear, an eagle, a husky. There the first stuffies we got them. Having a little part of my home state inked on me makes me smile. I don't want to think of Kodiak as all bad. There is a lot of good there. I was born there, my kids were conceived there. My childhood was great. Bad things happen to good people but it does not make the person bad or the place.

Tomorrow I go with Irene to try on my wedding dress. We only have three weeks to go till the big day. We have about one hundred and fifty guests attending. My parents are flying in a week before. Cal and his crew are flying in four days before. Sam is flying in about six days. Were going to have just enough time to get into the house and get it put back together before she gets here. Were going to stock the place with food for them and everything else. New towels, were even buying her a new bed. The same exact one she has. We feel bad about using it all this time so new it is. Plus Dev tells us that he does not like to think his sister is going to sleep in the same spot he made love to us. I agree.

All goes well at the cooking class. I'm back in my element. Its feels amazing. Ano is like a fish out of water. He tries. After the second cut I make him sit down with a beer and mix stuff. I feel bad for him but I cant let him take his fingers off. He takes his spot gracefully and the chef teaches me a lot in the two hours were there. I'm excited. I feel like that I may just have to do this once a month and the chef tells me any time I want he will put me on the line. I'm going to have to do just that.

Not for the money because the guys don't know it yet but I sold the company. For a lot. Plus the pay out for his life insurance came in as well as the money for the ship that was lost at sea. Im not happy to have the money from his death but with out him dying I would have never met Dev and Ano and I don't regret them for a moment.

When we get back from our date I hand the keys to Dev and tell him and Ano to go. I take Montana out of his arms and kick them both out. They need time together. I get her sleeping then do what I can as far as planning goes for the wedding. I'm down to just last minute stuff. Three weeks. I work out for my hour then take a bath. When the guys get back there in a good mood. I'm happy for them. We all need time with each of our partners. They climb into bed pushing me into the middle and tell me that they know who is going to be legally wed to me and that there not telling me. Ano tells me that he can fill out the paperwork on line and that I don't need to know till I get to the end of the isle. If I can have wedding secrets. So can they.

Fair enough. We watch some tv then go to sleep. I wake up to Sig on my chest yelling momommomomomo. I kiss his dark curls. He looks a lot like Jess. We heard that she is doing well. I'm happy for her. I sit up, glad now that I don't sleep naked much anymore. Dev hands me a tall glass of juice and I take it. Sig reaches for it and when I tell him no he growls at me. I tell him to stop acting like his father. He looks at me and back at Dev and growls. I have to admit our son is the cutest thing. I let him have a sip of my juice knowing i'm going to have to change the sheets. He is not the best with cups but hey. He dribbles the juice down himself. He laugh's. He is our giggle baby. Ano brings me in a tray of food and I end up sharing it with my little man. Dev tries to take him but he clings to me. I have food. Smart kid. He does not like my eggs. There not scrambled but he eats bits of bacon and a bunch of my french toast. After breakfast I take a shower then get ready to go try on my dress.