The opportunity

On the 20th of October, my best friend Marc and I were in Hamburg for a concert by Wilder Woods. He is the lead singer of the Band Needtobreathe, the best band in the world. But today, he was here as Wilder Woods. I hope I can see him before the show. So after eating and sightseeing, we went to the gym where the concert was held. Marc and I were a little early. In three hours will the show began and I was very excited.

"Why are we so early again?" Marc asks with a confused look on his face.

"Because I want to see him before the concert, "I said with a grin.

My best friend only shook his head and looked around. A man from the technical assistants came to us and asked with a smile: "Aren't you two a little too early?". Marc and I nodded, and I explained why we were so early. "So let's repeat that. You two are so early because you want to see Wilder Woods when he arrives?" asks the technical, and I nod my head. "Hmmm..." Currently, a car is driving in a parking lot. "Wait, give me a second," the tech told us and went to the car. My eyes got big as a fin man stepped out of the vehicle. "Is that the guy we waited for?" Marc asked, and I only could nod to that. I didn't even realize that they were on the way to us. The next moment he was in front of us and smiled and asked: "So you two wanted to meet me before the show starts?". "Y... Yes," I stuttered. "Nice to meet you two. My name is Bear. But I think you know that already." "Hi, my name is Marc, and this is, I think, your biggest Fan Lara. So your name is not Wilder Woods?". "He smiled and shooked his head. "No, it's not. That is only my artist name." "Wilder woods comes from his two sons. Wilder and Woods Rinehart. Or am I wrong?". Marc stares at me but Bear just smiles. "Yes, your right. I see you are a big fan." I went red. "Don't you want to come inside? It is frigid outside," he asked, and we nodded. As we got inside, my eyes got big again. Bear just smiled again and asked: "Do you want to sing with us on stage later?". "But I can't sing, "I said with sadness in my voice, but Marc promptly said: "That's not true she can sing. She does that every day in her room. Music is her everything." "Then it's settled. You will sing with me on stage." I nodded, and my face was red. I was very, very nervous.

"Marc, do you want to see some technic?" the tech asked, and Marc said yes. So now I was standing with Wilder Woods alone in the hall. After we talked for a while, it was time for the concert to start. As he got on stage, everybody screamed his name. "Wilder Woods, Wilder Woods." "Hello, Germany," he yelled with a big smile. At first, he sang Electric Woman, then Someday soon, and then Keep it simple. "Before I continue. Today I met a huge fan of mine and Needtobreathe. I asked her if she wanted to sing with me. She said she couldn't sing, but I think everybody can sing, so please give her a big applause. Lara comes to me on the stage." Nervous, I entered the stage. "Hello, Hamburg." "Do you have a favorite song from Needtobreathe you want us to play?" he asked, and I nodded. "I would love to sing my favorite song, Brother, with you." He smiled big, and when he started singing, I felt not so nervous anymore.

Ramblers in the wilderness, we can't find what we need

We get a little restless from the searching

Get a little worn down in between

Like a bull chasing the matador is the man left to his own schemes

Everybody needs someone besides 'em' shining like a lighthouse from the sea.

He sang it with such a beautiful voice, and then we both started singing:

Brother, let me be your shelter

Never leave you all alone

I can be the one you call

When you're low

Brother, let me be your fortress

When the night winds are driving on

Be the one to light the way

Bring you home.

Bear looked at me and grinned. His look told me that I had to sing the next alone, but it also told me that I could do that.

Face down in the desert now; there's a cage locked around my heart

I found a way to drop the keys where my failures were

Now my hands can't reach that far

I ain't made for a rivalry. I could never take this world alone

I know that in my weakness, I am stronger

It's your love that brings me home. ~

The whole hall applauded as we sang the next together again.

Brother, let me be your shelter

Never leave you all alone

I can be the one you call

When you're low

Brother, let me be your fortress

When the night wheels are driving on

Be the one to light the way

Bring you home.

After that, it was my turn again:

And when you call

And need me near

Say it, where'd you go

Brother, I'm right here

And on those days

When the sky begins to fall

You're the blood of my blood

We can get through it all.

And then we sang together my favorite part:

Brother, let me be your shelter

Never leave you all alone

I could be the one you call

When you're feeling low

Brother, let me be your fortress

When the night wheels are driving on

Be the one to light the way

Bring you home

Brother, let me be your shelter

Never leave you all alone

I can be the one you call

When you're low

Brother, let me be your fortress

When the night wheels are driving on

Be the one to light the way

Bring you home

Be the one to light the way

Bring you home.

As the song ended, I was out of breath but SOOO happy.

"Thank you so much, Bear, "I said after the show. I had tears in my eyes. "You welcome, Lara. By the way, you have a beautiful voice." "Thank you," I said with red cheeks. "You know what. Do you want to become a pro singer? I could take you under my and Needtobreathe's wings. But for that, you have to move to the United States." I stared at him. "Do you mean what that for real?". He nodded. "Think about it. I am here the whole week. Write me on this number. It is my phone number, and you can write me on WhatsApp. But think about what you must leave behind. But if you love the music so much, go for it." I could only nod. "I will think about it. Then I write you." He winked at me goodbye, and Marc and I drove home. The whole night I couldn't sleep. I had to think about the opportunity I got. Can I give up my life here to become a musician? After a while, the sleep got me, and I slept a deep undreaming full sleep.