10

10

Alec. He was sitting with a smirk which he kept trying to hide but failed.
"Let's just get this over with shall we?" I sighed, shuffling over to face him.

"How shall we do th-"

Before I could even finish, his hand was in my hair and his tongue was in my mouth. God he was a good kisser. I put one hand on his strong shoulder and his moved to my back to pull us even closer.

We were really going for it and the kiss tasted like lime which was nice.

"Guys your time is up," Simon said, but we didn't care.

"A-Alec?"

"Dude!"

Eventually we pulled away, breathless and panting for air. I returned to my original spot and tried to avoid Izzy's grin.
"I think we should call it a night."

I thanked Izzy and darted out her door as quickly as I could, locking my room and collapsing on my bed. What a night! I was almost asleep when I heard knocking from my wall. I decided to ignore it because I didn't know how I was ever going to face Alec again after that kiss.

The next day, I told the others I wasn't feeling well, it wasn't a complete lie, I was a bit hungover, so they left me alone. Izzy told me to keep my door unlocked so she could come in and check on me later so I did, but it wasn't Izzy who brought a tray of food to my room.

"Alec?"

"I thought you might be hungry."

He put the tray on my desk and left without another word. What was wrong with him? Whenever I saw him around the institute he was always too busy to talk to me and literally never made eye contact.

Today was mine and Alec's turn to train so I hoped I could at least get a few words out of him. He was definitely the best fighter out of the four but I always seemed to get distracted in our sessions. Maybe because he was strong and sweaty and- yup that was definitely why.

We were doing pretty well sparring together until he took his shirt off.

"What's going on, Elle-May? Distracted?" he teased. Sick bastard knew the effect he had on me. But I had an idea.

"No, it's just a bit hot in here," I smiled sweetly, discarding my t-shirt so I was left in my sports bra.

I saw Alec's eyes drift over my body as he sucked in a breath. I smirked and moved closer so we could continue sparring, pleased that I had played him at his own game. We were fighting pretty even, until the light hit his body in such a spectacular way that I tripped and dropped my sword.

Alec caught me off guard and soon I found myself with his sword pressed underneath my chin. He walked me backwards until I felt the cold wall behind me and he dropped his sword to grab my wrists roughly and hold them above my head against the wall. I guess we were fighting close combat style.

"I don't like it when you play dirty,"
he whispered in my ear.

"I don't know what you-"
In an instant he had my front pressed up against the wall, his chest and- lower area- tight against my back. He wasn't winning this one though.

Soon he was on his back and I was straddling his waist. He moved his hands to god knows where but I slammed his arms down to the floor and pressed my pelvis deeper to keep him in place.
"If you don't like playing dirty then maybe you shouldn't have started it," I whispered in his ear.

Before either one of us could come out victorious, Jace walked into the training room and I quickly scrambled off Alec.
"Sorry, was I interrupting something?"

"Not at all, I was just beating Alec's ass here," I smiled smugly.

I could feel Alec's bright hazel eyes burning a hole into my skin, and I knew I would pay for that remark later. At least I'd got him talking to me.