A very real ending

Start from the beginning

Ben let go of Rey and walked towards Snoke. He towered over the ancient businessman.

'I have one further thing to say to you. You have no power over me. Not anymore. I'm not afraid of you now Snoke, and if you dare do anything to upset my fiancé again, you'll be the one who'll be afraid. Stay away from us.'

Snoke stood up and backed away from Ben. Rey realised for all the legend and myth that had been built up around Snoke, when it came down to it, he was nothing but a fragile old man with a god complex.

'Get out all of you, before I have security throw you out!' He rasped before leaving the office, and hopefully their lives, for good.

The atmosphere in the room changed from tense to relief and Rey hugged Ben then Leia in turn.

Ben leaned down and kissed his mother's forehead.

'Thank you.' He said.

'I don't understand why you didn't just tell me from the start what was happening, darling? Your father and I would do anything to help you, you know that.'

'Because I was a blinkered fool, mother. But now I see clearly, thanks to Rey.' He smiled at her and dipped down to plant a gentle kiss on her lips.

Leia smiled at them both.

'I always knew you two would be good for each other.' She said lovingly, 'Right, now all this nasty business is out of the way, let's get down to the things that really matters. Planning this wedding!' She announced with delight.

Ben groaned and Rey laughed.

'Let's just get out of here.' Rey said reaching out her hand for Ben's and clasping it tightly within her own.

'Mother can we please just keep things simple?' Ben pleaded as they left.

In response to his appeal, Leia laughed loudly all the way to the elevator.

**********

Back home, Rey and Ben talked for hours. They knew each other so well but there were parts of both of their lives they had always kept hidden from one another. How they really felt about the other person.

'That day I saw you with your shirt off, I thought I was gonna faint!' Rey confessed.

'Every time I watched you run a hand up your stockings to check for runs, I lost my fucking mind.' Ben said with a groan.

'That time you got soaked in the rain, I literally had to stop myself from calling you Mr Darcy.' Rey said with a smirk. 'I had a few interesting day-dreams that day...'

'You know my ritual afternoon runs?'

'Yeah?'

'Those started the day you began wearing red lipstick to work.'

'You like the red lipstick huh?'

Ben groaned.

'Duly noted.' Rey said with a smile.

'Your blue suits are my favourites.' She confessed.

'I'm throwing out all my other suits.'

Rey giggled.

'I like your blue shift dress.' Ben said.

'Really? I think it makes—'

'You think it makes your hips look big, I know. It doesn't. You're perfect.'

Rey blushed.

'Why didn't you say something to me sooner?' Rey asked.

'Because I'm an idiot.'