'I thought maybe if you spent some time alone with me....we could get to talking....maybe it would lead to something...' Ben shrugged.

'You barked orders at me the whole weekend!'

'I was nervous! I never knew how to act around you!' Ben bellowed as he started to pace the floor.

Rey folded her arms across her chest.

'You could stop shouting at me, that would be a pretty good start.'

'I'm sorry.' Ben said sitting back down and lowering his head.

Rey looked at him. She couldn't help but feel sorry for him. A bit.

She sat down on the sofa next to him.

'Do you want to leave?' Ben asked.

'No.' She said.

'You don't have to be afraid. You can leave if you want to.'

'I don't want to.'

'Come on Rey, no one is this fucking nice. Are you honestly telling me if that ring wasn't still stuck on your finger, you wouldn't walk out of here right now and never look back?'

Rey stood up, took the ring off her finger, then slipped it back on again. Ben stared at her.

'Don't misunderstand me Ben. I'm mad. Infact I'm livid. I honestly don't think I've ever been this angry in my life. But I also love you and because of that, I won't abandon you when you need me the most.'

'What?'

'I said I won't abandon you.'

'No, the other part.'

'I said I love you, you absolute idiot.'

Ben stood up and crushed her to his chest.

'I never thought you would feel the same way.' He murmured.

'It came on gradually at first, then it hit me like a freight train. I wanted to tell you so many times, but I was afraid.' Rey confessed.

'W-when did the ring came loose?' He asked.

'That night you were blind drunk.' She smirked.

'Why didn't you tell me?'

'I don't know, I wanted to but...'

But I'm a fucking coward too. I didn't know if you would still want me and I wasn't ready to let you go.

Instead of saying that, she pulled away from Ben and placed the ring in his hand.

Ben twirled it around in his fingers.

Rey's heart sped up as she watched him play with the ring.

'So, what do we do now?' She asked.

'We find a way to rid ourselves of Snoke for good. I feel strong enough to do it now. Knowing I truly have you by my side.'

Rey smiled and nodded.

'But first, there's a question I want to ask you.'

Rey's mouth fell open as Ben dropped to one knee before her.

**********
Rey trembled as Ben took her hand in his.

'My sweet Rey, I've never been happier than when I was fake engaged to you. I want to fight with you everyday for the rest of my life. Would you please do me the great honour of agreeing to marry me? No deals, no tricks, no lies, just because I love you and you love me.'

'On one condition.' Rey replied.

'Name it.'

'I never have to tidy up after you, ever again.'

Ben laughed and stood up, hugging Rey to him and twirling her in his arms.

'You're too good for me, but I can't help it, I love you.' He said.

'And I you.'

Rey kissed him, then pressed her forehead to his. Their problems all seemed small now that she knew Ben felt the same way about her. She felt as if there was nothing they couldn't face together. Nothing they couldn't accomplish.

'Okay, now we've sorted all this out, we need to figure out what we've going to do about the asshole who won't take no for an answer.' Rey said with determination.

Ben buried his head into Rey's shoulder and she stroked his hair.

'I think I have an idea.' She murmured. 'Let's go see your mother.'

**********