VD/Buffy: Last Battle

Start from the beginning

She gasped in pain and then pushed him off.

She got to her feet and he grabbed her from behind and plunged it deeper in and she gasped in even more pain. Then, with determination to get away, she kicked him between the legs and limped as she ran. It was painful as she limped to be running with a branch in her side. It was deep in her side and she knew she needed help, but she didn't want Damon to get hurt by Klaus.

She figured then that she was away from Klaus, so she sat on the ground back against a tall tree, as exhaustion that she hadn't felt since her human days, came.

As darkness started to come, she thought Damon before everything went black for her. As she dreamed, dying from blood loss, flashes of the past came. Her unconditional love for Damon and Stefan; being captured and then being helped to escape by George Lockwood; all the games she loved playing with both of them; love for her family; all the blood she had spilled over the centuries; running from Klaus back when when she had been human; killing herself so she wouldn't be taken to Klaus by Rose; coming back home and playing tricks again with them with Elena, not realizing that she was family.

Damon and Elena were kissing on the couch when he heard his name being thought by Katherine.

Katherine, where are you?

Nothing.

Kat, can you hear me?

Everything was silent so he pulled away from Elena and looked at her.

"Katherine's in danger. I need to go. I'll be back, though. Stay here. Don't go anywhere."

Elena then watched as he sped out of the house to go be Katherine's dark knight in shining armor and rescue her from Klaus.

As soon as he saw Katherine Pierce, he rushed towards her and knelt in front of her.

"Kat," he said.

Klaus found them then and through Damon away from her, but Damon was quick and through him too. It was a fight between vampire and hybrid. But it didn't take long for Damon to break a branch from a tree and stab it into Klaus' chest.

"That's for Katherine," he said as he did so.

Damon ran to her and bit his wrist, putting it to her lips and making it go down her throat, as he pulled the branch out of her side.

"Come on, Kat. Come back to me. Please."

When nothing happened, he took his wrist away and then gently picked her up in his arms and at vampire speed, ran towards home, her in his arms.

Elena was pacing the floor by the drinking table, waiting for them to come back, wondering what could be taking so long, when he speedily arrived and stood by the couch. He then gently layed her down on the couch.

"Oh God, what happened?" she asked, alarmed about what state she was in.

"Klaus attacked her."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"I don't know this time."

"What do you mean?"

"She's really hurt. My blood isn't even doing anything except healing her wound. I don't know what to do, Elena."

He walked over to the drinking table and poured a drink of liquor into a shot glass. He then started to drink.

She looked at him.

"Damon, that's not going to help."

"I don't know what to do, so yes. This is helping."