The Hunt

Aria

The next morning, the pups woke me up with tongues licking my face and hands. I laughed a little before I grabbing. My bag and got up to stretch.
"You ready, Human Pup?" Fray asked as I cocked my eyebrow at him.
"My name is Aria." I said.
"Area?" He asked.
"No. Aria... short for Ariannah? Never mind... just call me Summer." I said.
"Mm kay' Winter." He said as I looked at him.
"You sound like someone I once knew... anyway. I'm going to look for a gym to take a shower and after I finished shopping and then I'll meet you guys back here." I said as they nodded and brought me to what looked like a strip mall with a Planet Fitness, a laundry mat, a grocery store, and a little cafe at the end. I nodded.
This should hold everything I need. I thought as I walked into the gym and snuck into the bathroom, just to find that they didn't have any soap or shampoo. I cursed and snuck back out and ran over to the grocery store just to get a little travel bottle of shampoo,  conditioner, and body wash. I paid for it along with a towel and some clean clothes before sneaking back into the gym to take a shower.

Once I finished washing myself clean of the few days I'd spent in the wilderness, I walked back into the store so I could buy some food and some little juice boxes for a drink every once in a while

Once I finished washing myself clean of the few days I'd spent in the wilderness, I walked back into the store so I could buy some food and some little juice boxes for a drink every once in a while. I bought everything a healthy teen girl would need, and that would include: potato chips (sour cream), lots of chocolate, beef jerky, cookies, popcorn, and pretzels filled with peanut butter for a little added protein. Once I got everything, I paid and went over to the cash register to check out.
"That'll be 102 dollars, miss." The man said as I pulled out $105.
"Ok, have a nice day, miss." I could see that he was confused but I didn't stick around for him to figure anything out.
"Healthy choices." A voice said as I jumped.
"Pardon? What's it to ya, kid?" I asked.
"You used to always be on my ass for not eating right." The girl said.
"Do I know you?" I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, you were like a mom to me when we were younger, but 3 years have passed, and you lost your memory so, I guess you wouldn't know me." The brunette sighed. "Callie, daughter of Apollo. You basically raised me."
"Ok... I'm sorry, but I really don't know who you are... sorry hun." I frowned.
"No, it's fine. You have something huge coming up, so the only thing I can offer you is a hot chocolate and some breakfast." She tried.
"Sure, but we have to be quick, I have to get back to my pack soon. They'll be worried." I said.
"They already are, but we're not talking about the same one." She sighed as I followed the blue eyed girl, who looked about 12, into the little cafe for some hot chocolate and a breakfast sandwich.

"I should go, but thank you." I smiled at her.
"Good luck, and be careful, Ari." She smiled sadly as I gave her a hug and ran off, back into the woods to the den we stayed in only to find all of the wolves were dead. I slapped my hands over my mouth as a scream ripped through my throat and a saw a little wiggle of a pup's tail under Fray's body. I would have gagged as I pushed his bloody body off the pup, but I could tell that the pup was stuck and in desperate need of air and help. It whined as I gently picked it up and wrapped my arms around it in a gentle hug. This pup had literally just been born and it probably wasn't going to last, but I sure as hell wasn't going to let it die after it was protected by Fray till his last breath. I checked to find out that it was a girl, and I named her Felicitie Raelynn after Fray and Citie. I snuggled her into my fur lined coat and rummaged around in the bag, looking for something I could use as a bottle to feed the poor orphaned wolf pup. I couldn't find anything like that so I made a fire and sacrificed a few chips and some jerky to Artemis praying that she'll give me a never empty bottle for the pup. I don't know where I got the whole fire thing and food throwing thing from, but it worked and a little warm bottle filled to the brim with milk for the pup appeared and I fed it to her before I made the fire just a bit smaller with my hands somehow, and contained it until we both fell asleep.