Surprises, Confessions, and Love (Day 2)

By popular demand, I am finally updating this story!!! YAYYY!!! Haha I hope you all enjoy this chapter, I promise there will be more to come.

------------------------------

We stared out at the amazing view of Paris for what seemed like hours until I felt Francis' strong arms tighten around my waist in a hug.

"I know exactly where I can take you..." He said softly, nuzzling my neck and making my cheeks go red.

"Oh? And where would that be?" I asked him, earning a chuckle from the Frenchman.

"It's a surprise. Come. We can return here later." He said and I nodded.

Francis lifted his head off my shoulder and held my hand, waking to the elevator where we made our decent back to the ground. Once we reached the ground, he lead the way to a theater. It was a grand theater where it was almost like we took a step back in time to the 1900's. I smiled at him and he turned to smile back at me. He bought us tickets for a play and we walked through the double doors. The inside was just as amazing as the outside, still keeping the old, grand feel to the building that I loved. I gently squeezed Francis' hand and he lead me through the building to the stage where we sat in the perfect seats; not too close and not too far.

"This... this is amazing..." I whispered, making the man that sat next to me smile more.

"I knew you would like it, Arthur." He said gently, "And I believe you'll like the performance even more."

He set one of the tickets in my lap and I picked it up with my free hand, my eyes widening at what play we were going to see.

Romeo and Juliet.

I couldn't help myself as I wrapped both of my arms around him in a tight hug, making him chuckle and hug me back. He always knew exactly what I liked.

"Thank you so much...." I said softly, my arms around his neck and his around my waist.

"Anything for you, Arthur." He said gently, making my cheeks go crimson once again.

I sat back down in my seat and tried to get as close as possible to Francis, leaning my head on his shoulder and holding his hand. The lights began to dim and the stage lit up beautifully. I felt Francis' head on top of my own and I smiled, squeezing his hand and watching as the actors and actresses came on stage, the play beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the play ended, I wiped the tears from my eyes. It was such a beautiful tragedy, it made me cry every time I saw it or even read it. Instead of standing up right away, the two of us stayed in our seats, letting the ending soak in.

"Beautiful as ever..." I whispered, Francis nodding.

"Just like you, mon petit." he said softly, my cheeks heating up.

"I can't thank you enough for... everything. The Tower, the play, letting me stay with you... thank you so much...." I said softly, Francis wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Like I said before; anything for you." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

A smile graced my features and we left the theater, walking to the nearest market, hand-in-hand. We walked around, looking at all the different items, when Francis started dragging me somewhere. I was confused, until we came up on a bridge with locks locked onto the railing. I looked up at Francis and smiled when I saw he was holding a lock with a key. We both wrote our names on the lock and attached it to the railing, throwing the key into the river. We stayed there watching the sun set on the beautiful river, both of us smiling. When it was finally dark, the two of us made out way to the Eiffel Tower once again for dinner. We took the elevator to the top, Francis insisting that I close my eyes. Once at the top, we were seated at a table, Francis holding both of my hands and telling me to open my eyes. What greeted me, was a beautiful view of Paris, the city ablaze with beautiful lights, the stars shining above us as brightly as the city below us. I stared out at the city, breath-taken, and looked at Francis, smiling widely.

"It's beautiful up here..." I said softly, the man across me nodding.

A waiter came up to us and Francis ordered for the both of us, getting an expensive wine and the finest food. I smiled at him gently, holding his hand, my cheeks heating up significantly.

"I did all of this for you, Arthur." He said softly, kissing the back of my hand.

"Francis...." I started to say before the waiter came back with the wine and our meals. That was fast.

We smiled at each other and started eating the delicious food, talking about anything and everything. It was nice to talk to him just one on one without having to worry about work. We laughed, we nearly cried, we argued a little bit, but we had an amazing time. When we were all done and the check was paid, we got up and went to the elevator, looking at the scenery as we descended back down to earth. Without thinking, I held Francis' hand, our fingers intertwining. We stepped out of the elevator and walked to look up at the gigantic Eiffel Tower. I turned to Francis and looked him in the eyes, holding both of his hands in my own.

"Francis.... I have to tell you something that I've been keeping from you for years."

Francis looked shocked to say the least. We had both been very open with each other from being childhood friends, so he never thought that I would say I had been keeping something from him for years.

"What is it, mon cher?" He asked softly, gently squeezing my hands.

I took a deep breath and stepped closer to him, my cheeks heating up. Then I said the one thing I've been wanting to say since high school.

"I love you."

Francis' eyes widened and he looked even more surprised than he had before. However, a smile made it's way onto his face and he wrapped an arm around my waist, bringing his free hand up to my chin.

"I love you too." he whispered.

Then he sealed our love with a kiss.