One Day Too Short (FrUk)

I know, I know; I said I would only be writing UsUk fanfics, but I'm breaking that rule THIS ONCE. Please don't kill me! I'm not sure if this is going to be a one-shot or not, but I'll try to make it go on.

This story is dedicated to shadowhawk13. Show her stories some love and read them. She recently wrote a UsUk fanfic, by the way!

Now my mischievous monkeys, read!!

----------------------------------

Just as I had finished today's paperwork, there was a knock at the front door. Reluctantly, I stood up and walked downstairs to answer the door before making tea. When I opened the door, Francis was standing there, holding a suitcase. Happy to see me, he smiled and greeted me with that ridiculous French accent.

"Bonjour, mon ami. I decided to come and visit you." (A/N I'm not even going to attempt at typing with the accent.)

"I see that, come in."

He walked inside while I took his suitcase upstairs to the guest bedroom. When I came back down, he was all over the place, looking at my pictures and through my cupboards. As I walked into the kitchen, he froze and turned to me with a guilty look. I shooed him out of the room and he said he just wanted some tea. So, I made both of us a cup of Earl Grey. Back in the living room, I sat down and we chatted a little. I told him I had plans to replace all the old pictures in this room with new ones and he gladly offered to help.

As Francis started taking down the pictures, I went upstairs to get a box with new pictures in it. When I came back down, surprisingly, he had already taken down almost half of the framed photos. Surprised, I lifted the box from the step it was on and carried it to the coffee table, setting it down quickly so I wouldn't drop it.

Twenty-five minutes later, we were finished. It was getting late, so Francis offered to help me make Ratatouille. After slicing the vegetables, I put them on a tray and in the oven at 135 celsius. "Okay, now we only have to wait two hours. What should we do?" Francis said.

"We could go to the Buckingham Palace. Then maybe London bridge or Big Ben after dinner." I suggested and he seemed delighted. We pulled on our coats and walked outside. I offered to hail a taxi, but Francis insisted we walk. He said that London is a beautiful city anyway and that he should come more often. For once in my LIFE, Francis BLUSHED in front of me. This was my chance to tease him about it, so I took advantage of that chance. Every time I pointed something out that he was doing, may it be stuttering or blushing, he would just do it more. Eventually, he started dragging me towards and into the palace.

When we walked inside, Francis was awestruck. He has never really been in the Buckingham Palace before, so I could only expect this kind of reaction from him. I had to keep reminding him to come back to reality so he wouldn't run into anybody or anything. Not that there were any people in there at the time, I just didn't want him doing something stupid. We both had a good time, I think.

After about two hours had passed, we were back at my house, eating the dinner we created. It was fabulous, to say the least.

"You did a fine job making this meal, mon ami."

"It was only thanks to you helping me. You're right. I should just relax while I'm cooking instead of worrying so much."

After I finally got Francis to let me clean up, I went into the kitchen while he waited outside. Then, I heard him yell in fear and I rushed outside. A faerie was flying around outside in front of Francis. He could see them too? I stood next to him and the faerie flew over to me. This faerie was Aine and she smiled and flew back over to Francis. The strange thing was, he look on the verge of tears. I knelt down beside him and put a hand on his shoulder. I told him there was nothing to be afraid of, which only made him stand up and start dragging me to the London bridge. I waved goodbye to Aine, who disappeared into my backyard and let Francis drag me.