Tormund stepped closer to Brienne and began to remove her armor, and clothes. She stood still in anticipation, allowing him to take the lead. He set her armor carefully on the ground beside the pool, and folded her tunic, laying it on a nearby boulder. As he bent to remove her boots and britches he brushed a kiss across her skin just below her belly button. She gasped and giggled as his whiskers tickled her and his lips sent a shudder through her hips that found its way between her legs. His hands followed the curves of her body as he stood. Face to face once more, Tormund drew Brienne close to him, while the lips that had just made her tingle found her neck. Brienne fit herself around him, and then leaned her head back presenting more of herself to him. As he nuzzled her collarbone and played with her skin, she exhaled with such pure pleasure that he could feel his own body begin to react.

"Mind if I join you?" He teased.

She smiled widely. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Brienne answered happily, visualizing the evening ahead.

He did not take his eyes from hers as he removed his garments. Brienne felt her own body answer his unspoken call as she watched him. She smiled at him and it took his breath away. He placed her hands gently in his, and walked backward guiding her carefully into the warm inviting water. She glided into the pool, letting the heat rise into her very core. Brienne closed her eyes and rolled her neck as she relaxed into the ripples playing off the edges of the rocks that surrounded them. Tormund found himself overcome just watching her.

They floated together only inches from each other, their toes barely touching the bottom, their hands clasped together never leaving one another. For a long while they said nothing, simply enjoying the closeness of each other. Again, it seemed they were the only two people that had ever existed. Unable any longer, not to touch her, Tormund reached out and stroked back a piece of Brienne's hair that had fallen into her eyes. She leaned into his hand, glorying in his touch.

He exhaled slowly, hypnotized by her. "You are so beautiful." He affirmed, unable to take his eyes from her.

Brienne suddenly grew still at his words. Her eyes, which threatened to brim with tears, fell from his face. Her shoulders dropped in defeat. "Oh please." She begged, shaking her head dejectedly. "Don't call me that." She implored.

Innately sensing Brienne's distress, Tormund grew worried. "Why? What's wrong?" He asked concerned, still refusing to let go of her hands which floated limply in the water.

Brienne looked away, ashamed. She took a breath to begin to explain why she could not bare his complement, but found she could not make a voice reach her lips. He moved closer to comfort her, sliding his hands up her arms. He glided his reassuring touch from her fingers to her elbows, and then up further to draw her into his embrace. Somehow, perhaps bolstered by his reassuring touch, Brienne found the courage to tell him her painful memories.

"No one that I've ever known has considered me...beautiful." She confessed, still unable to lift her face to him. "From the time I was a girl, everyone sneered at me and laughed at me." Her eyes were distant recalling her past. "Finally, they became even more cruel. Brienne the Beauty, they called me. Never to my face, mind you. Always behind my back. Of course, they could not openly insult The Evenstar's daughter." She paused, choking on the recollection. "It was far from a compliment." She recounted bitterly. "It was a joke. I was a joke." Brienne said, her voice failing to a whisper. Tormund's blood began to boil at those who had tortured Brienne. He wished he could tear them all limb from limb with his bare hands. His heart ached for her.

"I have never fit the southern ideal of beauty, and no one ever let me forget it." Brienne tried to peer at him bravely through her heavy eyes, but knew her efforts fell terribly short. The tears which rested upon her lashes were evidence of her pain.