N I N E

Italics: Tomura's unconscious dream
  Bold: Dabi

   The world was only in black and white, darkness mostly taking over. I was almost in a third person view, watching two people. They seemed peaceful and happy walking hand in hand together.

   I fell to the ground along with Tourma, grabbing his arms and hands trying desperately to keep the blood flow slower than it was now.

   One stopped and picked the smaller one up and started running, the shorter person in his arms laughing happily as they ran through a field of roses.

   I didn't have any other option and I couldn't find my phone so I picked him up and carried him out the door. His blood was staining my white shirt and his limbs rolled to the side as he fell unconscious in my arms.

   I followed behind them without moving, almost like a movie camera following their every move. They ran farther into the field, more roses blossoming from the ground the faster they went. They didn't follow a specific direction, only running around in waves and zig zags trying to make it somewhere. I don't think they knew where they were going either.

   I don't know where the hospital was from his house. I had never walked there before, only once for my little brother but that wasn't from around here and we were in a different location then. I kept my pace, running and holding him tightly in my arms, praying to whatever god there is out there that he would make it. He didn't have long before he was gone.

   Then, everything stopped and the bigger of the two running dropped the shorter. He started crying while the other was yelling at him. I couldn't hear anything but his yelling was obvious from the way his mouth was moving and his hands were moving too. It was scary to watch. Others also started appearing around, not helping the smaller one on the ground crying, but joining in on the yelling.

   I thought about all the things I've done to him. Someone I truly loved. I hurt him and I just didn't want to admit it. I made others hurt him and called it a joke. I drove him to death and what did I do? Yell at him for being stupid. It's not what he needed. He needed help and I couldn't do that for him. I couldn't help. I couldn't get him help. I couldn't talk to him or love him or hug him or kiss him all for what? A reputation? How could I have been so stupid. I didn't love him then. How could I have done that to someone I love? You can't. You shouldn't. I need to apologize, for hurting him. And I also needed to find the directions to the hospital. Now.

   That's when they went away. Everyone, and everything. Except both lovers. There were no more people around and the flower field was gone. Nobody left but the boy on the ground and the boy above him. He reached a hand down and helped the boy up. When they both stood, he wiped his tears and smiled for the first time in a while. They both smiled and met lips on the middle sharing a sweet kiss before the world faded out and went fuzzy.

    A lady was walking down the street and noticed me carrying Tourma and immediately gasped and reached for her phone. "Can you please tell me where the hospital is? It's urgent." I rushed out. She was wordless, only nodding before calling 911 and telling them what she saw and the street we were on. The thirty seconds we waited felt like years before they showed up and pulled him away from me. I felt cold, the wind finally hitting my blood stained shirt and sending chills up my spine. "Sir you can't ride in the ambulance. You're too young. The hospital isn't far." One of the paramedics told me while a few others were in the vehicle already trying to stabilize him. I just nodded. I knew if I put up a fight, I wouldn't only lose because of their rules but I would also risk Tourma's life by not letting them get to him. So, I watched them ride off with him in the back, their siren coming on before I ran the rest of the way to the hospital.

   I was standing in the field or roses alone now. The world was still in black and white. I wasn't in my uniform and my arms weren't covered in scars or gauze. I was wearing black pants, a white shirt with a black stripe and a grey windbreaker. I was staring out at the clouds watching the sun move. For some reason, it wasn't burning my eyes to stare at the big light. I felt a jabbing pain in my arm and I was going to go rub my arm but I couldn't. It was like I was paralyzed in my spot. I smiled. I felt the wind blow through my hair and cast a soft glow on my face. I fell back, my body hitting a few thorns from the rose stems but it didn't ruin the good mood I was in. I felt free and happy, closing my eyes to be met with blackness.

   I made it to the hospital after the ambulance already arrived a few minutes earlier. I was out of breath and my adrenaline was pumping through my system but it didn't stop me from running into the hospital. "What room is Tourma Shigaraki in?" I asked the front lady. "He just got here not too long ago. They are still trying to stabilize him so he doesn't have a room yet. I will let you know when you can come in." I nodded, trying to process what I had seen earlier. I was still in shock and when the reality of the situation hit me, I started to cry. I hated crying especially in front of other people but I didn't care right now. He could be dead. That's what he wanted. That's why he did it. He wanted to be dead and it was all my fault. Screw any reputation I had. Screw the school. Screw my 'friends'. Screw being a hero. If I couldn't save the one person I love how could I save anybody else. I couldn't. That was the reality of my situation. I couldn't save him. I just tried saving myself. And what did that get me? A dead boyfri-

"Visitors for Tourma Shigaraki. Room 319"