CHAPTER TWO

Before Ellie knew it the first day of her Junior year was over and she has currently been in the Art room for the past hour working on her painting. Once school was over and she was the only one in the Art room she had turned on the High School Musical soundtrack, humming along to the song as she painted.

She didn't mean to get paint splattered all over her overalls and the East High shirt she wore underneath it but she just couldn't help it, she got lost in the Art. The sudden buzz of her phone got her attention and she laid her paintbrush on the table next to the paint palate and picked up her phone seeing a message from her brother.

She turned off the music as she read the message.

Andy🥁
I forgot my music in the auditorium, can you get it for me? It should be on the table that's upfront

She sighed and rolled her eyes, not surprising that he forgot something like that. She got up from the stool she was sitting on as she texted him back.

Ellie🖌
yeah, I'll get it for you

Andy🥁
thank youu. ur, the best! do you want me to pick you up whenever you're done?

Ellie🖌
you're welcome. and nah, I'll just walk home, we don't live that far

Andy🥁

okay, please be safe, ells. call me if you need anything

Ellie🖌
okay, will do bro

After replying to Andrew, Ellie walks out of the Art room and to the auditorium. She opens the door to the auditorium to see that it was empty. She walks down the aisle to the table noticing a folder was on it but she also noticed a guitar case that made her curious.

She walks over to the table and picks up the red colored folder that said Andrew Hutcheson's Music in bold words. She went to walk back up the aisle to the doors of the auditorium but she stopped and looked back at the guitar case. She laid the folder back down on the table as she glanced around the auditorium to make sure that she was alone.

Ellie looked at the guitar case, checking for a name or anything that might give her an idea of who it was but there was nothing on the case.

-ˏˋ " Okay, so I know I probably shouldn't do this, but I'm the only one in here and it doesn't have a name. It's not like i'm gonna steal it. It wouldn't hurt to play it, right?" ˎˊ-

Ellie hesitantly opened up the guitar case and she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips as she looked at the guitar. Glancing around the auditorium one more time she picked up the guitar and started playing.

****

Ricky and Big Red were currently walking to their houses after school ended but Ricky suddenly stopped walking making Big Red who was behind him, bump into him.

" Dude, what's wrong?" Big Red asked.

Ricky's eyes widened as he realized something. " I forgot my guitar in the auditorium!"

Big Red looked at him weirdly. " Why were you in the auditorium?"

Ricky puts his skateboard on the ground. " To practice for the auditions." he said and before Big Red could ask him any more questions he started skating back to the school. " I gotta go. I'll see you later, Big Red."

Minutes later Ricky gets to the school and runs to the auditorium hoping his guitar would still be there and was scolding himself for leaving it there.

He gets to the doors of the auditorium and was gonna run in but he stops when he notices the left door was slightly open.

He raises an eyebrow in confusion as he hears someone playing a guitar and singing. He was even more surprised it sounded really really good. He did his best to be quiet as he opened the door all the way and was shocked to see someone he didn't know but he now wishes he knew her.

It was a blonde-haired girl who looked to be around his age, her hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail, her overalls, and East High shirt had paint splattered all over them, but somehow she still looks really cute in Ricky's eyes.

" It's hard to believe that I couldn't see
  You were always there besides me.
  Thought I was alone with no one to
  hold. But you were always right
  besides me. And this feeling's like no
  other."

Ricky doesn't exactly know who this girl is but he does reconigze her from some of his classes but that's about it. He know what to do, she was caught up in her own world of music to even recognize he was there. Should he do something?

" I've never had someone that knows
  me like you do, the way you do.
  I've never had someone as good for
  me as you, no one like you."

Ellie furrowed her eyebrows at the suddenly hearing another voice harmonizing with hers. However, she didn't stop singing as she turned her head to the sound of the voice to see who it was and you bet she was shocked to see it was Ricky Bowen. He was walking down the aisle towards her as they sang.

" So lonely before, I finally found."

She was surprised that both of them held the note like it was in the song and she couldn't help the smile that found its way on her lips.

" What I've been looking for."

Ellie was surprised that the silence that followed the song they shared was oddly comfortable. She swallowed nervously, realizing he was probably upset and was going to yell at her for using someone's guitar.

" I'm here for my uh, guitar." Ricky managed to say and he scolded himself at how nervous he was to talk to this girl.

Ellie's eyes widened as she looked down at the guitar she was holding and she panicked. " Oh! Of course this is your guitar." she mumbled under her breath. " I'm so sorry for using your guitar." she apologized and she quickly puts the guitar back in its case and zips it up.

She then holds it out to him with a apologetic smile on her face. " Here."

Ricky sent her a small smile and took the guitar from her and as cliche as it was whenever their fingertips touched they both felt a spark but just as quick as it happened it disappeared as Ricky quickly pulled away as he coughed awkwardly. " No worries. You look good - I mean you sounded good playing...That's what I meant!"

Ellie couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips, finding this amusing and cute. " Oh, um thank you for the compliments." she said as she shyly looked away, knowing that there was a light shade of blush covering her face.

Ricky shrugged his shoulders and smiled at her. " You're welcome."

H took a deep breath as he introduced himself. " I'm Bowen Ricky. I mean - I'm Ricky Bowen." he mentally hit himself for screwing up his name but hearing the angelic giggle that came out of her mouth again was worth it.

Ellie smiled at him and introduced herself. " It's nice to meet you Bowen Ricky. I'm Ellie Hutcheson."

And that's how the start of something new happened.

A/N yay ricky & ellie finally met, I got the second chapter posted & I had an amazing 18th bday, thank you all for the bday wishes ❤ I got no school monday so expect more updates on this book & maybe some others. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!