Do your species even breed?

The three of them sat in the common room till 2 in the morning giggling and laughing together, when they looked at the time and decided to get some cushions and sleep in the window seat. They ended up not getting much sleep at all. It was three in the morning when they fell asleep and at 7 Hermione was shaken awake by Blaise saying that they needed to go get breakfast.

The three ran to their dorms respectively and threw on their robes. Hermione met them and they went to breakfast. They sat down and saw Draco tormenting Potter and Weasley.  

Hermione sighed and leaned on her hand as her eyes drooped. She could feel her father looking at her and groaned when she realised that she had double potions with the Gryffindors first. 

"I'm not hungry, we've got potions in ten minuets, we may as well get good seats. The three stood up and walked out and sat in nice seats at the back. The rest of the class started filing in. Until the door slammed open and her father walked through the door. 

Most of the class went uneventfully with Hermione practically falling asleep throughout the most part.

They were about to start packing away when Snape called, "Zabini, Nott and Snape stay behind." 

They waited for everyone to file out before going to see their professor. 

"Kindly inform me why the three of you look like you were practically sleeping during my class? You are a part of the Slytherin house and therefore I expect you to keep up the high standards."

"Da- Professor. We were studying last night." Hermione stumbled.

"Hermione I can tell when you're lying, we both know you were sleeping in the window seat. I'll write you a note for you to go sleep for a bit because you're not being very productive. Now get out of here."

When the three got back to the common room Blaise looked at her and said, "I love your dad. Any chance you're mum's as nice?"

Hermione frowned and thought back to when she could remember her mum. When she was small she remembered flashes of red hair.

There was one time when she was around five and they were walking in diagon alley and she saw a tall man who spoke to her father.

"So it's true. There was another child." Her father had scowled at him.

"I don't expect you to understand, do your species even breed?" 

The man had ignored the question and continued talking. "You realise she's going to ask questions one day, who her mother is, what are you going to tell her?"

Her father had then hurried them away and they had flooed home through Borgin and Burkes.

She replied to Blaise, "I don't remember her. I'll ask Dad later."

She then disappeared up the stairs to her dorm.

Meanwhile in the potions classroom, Severus Snape was thinking about the same thing. She had asked about her mum before, but he had always said that she had died, and nothing about her. He sighed and knew that he was he was in for a difficult conversation with his daughter.

He was still sitting there when the door flew open and his daughter stormed in.

"We need to talk."

"I know. You want to find out about your mother?" Hermione nodded in response.

"So I'm warning you, it's going to make your life at Hogwarts confusing and very difficult." Severus hoped his daughter would say that she didn't want to know.

"Tell me anyway. Who was she?"

Severus took a deep breath, "Don't think badly of me, I had been pining for a long time and-"

"Get to the point dad" Hermione said, slightly irritated.

"Your mother was Lily Potter," Severus watched the different emotions on his daughters face, confusion, anger and then, and then disgust.

"Lily Potter? This means that Potter is, is my twin and he's not even a Potter! Why did you think it was OK for her to cheat?"

"Don't you think I've thought about that? Every day since it happened? Don't you think I regret it every day!"

Hermione stood up and stormed out. Severus couldn't understand why she'd acted like that, he thought back over what he had said, Don't you think I regret it every day. Shit. He put his head in his hands and decided to go to dinner in the great hall.

He looked over to the Slytherin table, but couldn't see his daughter. He saw Zabini and Nott exchanging glances at him and he knew that he'd have to talk to her, and she'd need to eat something if she wasn't coming to dinner. He stood up and walked out, dropping a note onto Zabini's table as he walked by. It told him to tell Hermione to come and see him in his office. He waited there for hours till Zabini came by and muttered that she was in her dorm and they couldn't get the note to her and quickly disappeared. 

He groaned in frustration and put his head in his hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey peoples,

We've done another chapterrrr, look at me on a roll!

Please vote and comment it's very much appriciated

Kitty xxx                                                                   883 words