Imperial Mother was assassinated three hours before midnight, an hour after the grand event had began. Her palace was set on fire but there happened to be stab wounds aimed at her vital organs which was the cause of her death. No ordinary could have had such accurate aim.

"To think you'd use your authority to kill the Empress Dowager. How courageous of you..."

I was suddenly reminded of this phrase that had confused me at the time but also the fact that His Majesty was holding onto my amulet that day. Those words made me fall into a trance now.

Someone used my amulet to get access to the forbidden lands?!

My mooncake almost dropped onto the floor due to my shock.

I had never used my amulet to enter the forbidden lands before. Moreover I had never once entrusted it to anyone, so why would the guards let...? No, it was obvious. Anyone who holds the amulet could be a trusted aid of the owner of the jade. Why would the guards need to doubt?

Was this the actual reason for stealing my amulet...?However, they were smart enough to leave it behind because they knew the disadvantage of keeping the jade. It was like a curse.

Two of the five assassins were caught, and they happened to say I was the one who ordered them to do this. The guards must have supported the statement with how the assassins had entered with the jade amulet. To further support their statement and permanently steel my fate, another important person confessed a whole deal of rubbish. Well, that was what I was told.

My eyes narrowed at the mention of them. But it was not anger this time but confusion.

[Flashback]

The back of my eyes were burning as I lay on the bed in a daze. Knowing that I would never be able to see her again devastated me. I couldn't sleep a wink the whole night. Who could dare to do this to an angel? The best I could do now was to wait for the two assassins to confess everything.

*Bang*

The door opened, as more than fifteen soldiers barged into the room along with Du Xi taking the lead.

"What's going on?" I sprang out of my bed in confusion as Shang Dong stood at the center with a scroll in his hand,

"The Emperor has issued an Imperial decree, Your Highness."

He quickly opened the scroll and read its contents, loud and clear, my heart dropping at each word he spoke,

"The Emperor, who governs with the Mandate of Heaven, declares that, according to the trials of the Justice Ministry, the First Imperial Prince, and Commander of the Xu Lin army, Wei SuYing, guilty of murdering the Empress Dowager. After four days from now, the traitor shall be disclosed to Xu Lin following his public execution at the end of the week. Proclaimed to all under the Heavens, let it be known."

"What?!" I almost screamed in disbelief feeling almost dizzy. Everything was happening too fast!

"What trials?! You have not even questioned me! What the hell's going on here?!" I shouted at Shang Dong.

"The Emperor ordered me to pass this message to you, Your Highness." He looked at me with helplessness,

"I know your stubborn and will refuse to accept your crimes even until your last breath, therefore I shall not hesitate to take the right actions to punish you."

Bloody hell, you fool! I couldn't stop the insult that was directed at His Majesty.

I wiped the sweat gathering at my forehead as Shang Dong stated,