The Reckoning

The wind whispered through the dark, empty trees outside the empty school like a warning in a foreign language. In the weight room, he's using the bench-press, stopping for  a minute to rest, he hears a noise. Matt gets up to check, walking along the empty halls of the school checking the classrooms through the window in the door. Finally he enters a classroom. He steps into the room despite being unable to see in the dark, and sets off a number of mouse traps that have been placed on the floor. Turning the lights on he sees his friends Tyler, Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena setting the traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline whines to Matt.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler teases with a little laugh.

"Clearly," says matt more than a little unimpressed, considering how hard his heart is beating.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year." Caroline asks more than a little perturbed at Matt forgetting such an important moment of their senior year.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Says Elena

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this" he says with a trickle of disbelief not really understanding why his friends were doing this.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie said before Caroline could say anything.

But Caroline didn't care and started her little speech, "We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena finished for her.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care." Caroline said.

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler said and walked then walked out of the room to go set up prank somewhere else.

As Elena goes to follow suit Bonnie stops her. "Hey! Where are you going?"

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories." Elena says chuckling, smiling at Caroline and Caroline can't help but smile back she missed her best friend smiling.

As she leaves Caroline yells "I love you!"

When Elena leaves the classroom she sees Tyler giving instructions to other students while he hands them rolls of saran wrap. "Get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go."

Elena laughs and opens the double doors, when she looks up finds herself face-to-face with Klaus.

"There's my girl." Klaus says with a grin on his face

"Klaus!" Elena whispers fear evident in her voice and as clear as day on her face. Not taking a chance she turns and bolts for the double doors she just came through, but alas he's already in front of her because bitch obviously forgot he was the Original Hybrid, but to each their own.

Seeing that Elena realized she wasn't going to escape him he said "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon in the driver seat and Katherine in the passenger seat, not the best pair to have in a small confined space next to each other. For the sake of this expedition though they would call a "truce" to rid the world of a common enemy.

"Are you hungry? Let's stop for a bite. A truck stop. Or a trucker." Katherine asked

"Oh, stop being cute." Damon said, not really in the mood for Katherines antics.