After Mari was cleaned and patched up Chloe helped her to her room. She could nearly move by the time she woke up the next morning.
"MARINETTE! I need you to prepare my cloak I am going out with Alya today!" Lila called
"Yes Lila."
Marinette slowly moved to a standing position and walked downstairs. She got Lilas cloak prepared and Helenas as well to go shopping. When she finished she handed Lila her cloak only for her to whisper in her ear.
"You will never see the light of day. You will fall. No one will believe you and no one will love you." And walked out.
Adrenaline pumped in her veins she ran out of the house. She ran to the one place she could get away. When she reached the lake she collapsed on the ground before the cherry blossom tree.
"I'm sorry mama I can't be strong. I tried, I really did but they keep pushing me. I am lost and I can't find my way out." She sobbed
She was so busy crying she didn't see Robin watching from a tree. He slowly got down and walked over to her. Not noticing the blood running down her back, he poked it. She cried out. Robin jumped back. Mari reaches to look at the lashing marks on her back, she pulled it back enough to see the blood running down. She pulled it far enough to that Robin got a full view of her lashes.
"Who did that to you?" He asked
Mari jumped but slumped back down from the pain. She looked and saw Robin watching her.
"I fell down a hill and scratched my back?"
"I know your lying. One last time, who did that to you?"
She sighed "my step mom and her daughter. They have been treating me like this for eight years now, I'm use to it."
Robin raised an eyebrow. "Eight years. So they started this when you were ten?"
Mari nodded "When my father died I promised him I would look out for the house. It was the only thing I had left of my mother and father so I stayed to look after it. I teach the kids in the village to fight and basic  letters, it's my only escape." She let out a deep sigh.
"Well I have something doe cuts can I put it on you?" Robin asked
She nodded.
She felt him move her shirt then heard a gasp. He saw the gagged scars from her last whipping. He gently ran a hand over them. Mari flinched but stayed still. She felt him kiss her head then gently put ointment into the cuts. Mari hissed as the ointment burned and moved the cuts. When he was done he walked in front of her and smiled.
"I'm sorry they treat you this way."
"It's no ones fault but my own."
He gave her a puzzled look "What do you mean?"
"I am choosing go stay. I am capable of leaving but can't."
"Your parents."
"Before my mother died she told me to be kind and have courage, and to fight for what I want. I want my house to be like it was, happy full of joy."
"I understand" was all he said
They sat there chatting late in the afternoon till Mari noticed the time.
"I have to go."
"Where to?" Robins eyebrow shot up
"I have work to finish."
"No way. You need a break. Here come to the ball."
"What ball?" Mari asked
"The royal family is hosting a ball in honor of Prince Damian. You can be my date."
Mari blushes "sure. When is it?"
"Two nights from tomorrow."
"I'll be there."
Mari got up and began her walk home. She didn't care that she didn't get any of her chores done, she didn't care about the punishment she would get when she got home. She was really happy for once. Later that night she stayed up making her dress. The next day the announcement went out about the ball.

Two days passed, Chloe, Kagami and Luka helped finish her dresses and suit she made for them. The night of the ball, Helena and Lila made sure they doubled her chores. Lucky for her she got them all done.
Marinette walked down the stairs in the dress she handmande. Lila and Helena took one look at her before frowning.
"What is that?" Lila asked
"It's the dress I made for the ball."
"Your not going. You have chores." Helena stayed
"I did them all."
"But you can't go without a dress." Lila smirked
Before Mari could move Helena dumped milk all over her. "Oops too bad." Helena faked
Helena and Lila left a crying Marinette in the hall, with a soaked dress. Mari sank to the floor. All the insults they threw at her slammed into her mind like a rock on a window. Breaking her further and further. Before Marinette could do anything a bright red glow came from in front of her. She jumped up and screamed.
"Shhh, Marinette, it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you."
"What are you? Bug, Mouse, BUG-MOUSE!!!"
"No, I am your fairy godmother. I am here to help you get to the ball."
"How are you going to do that? My dress is ruined and I don't have a ride."
"I am here to help you."
Tikki waved her hands and my old dress was replaced with a red ball gown with black spots. Her shoes were made of glass but with a red tint. Her hair now swept to the side, half up in a bun, half down. And a red and black mask. Mari spun around. Smiling down at her gown.
"Tikki this is amazing."
"Now you must go to the ball. The magic ends at midnight. Please be careful."
"I will, thank you Tikki."