Chapter 1- The Return

(I love Darren Chris, and this song, and Darren Chriss singing this song)

Nathan Vale Drake had been through a lot in his life. He encountered many sorrows, and his life had been filled with loneliness.

At age twenty-one, in this world, you met your soulmate. But before he even met his bride-to-be, Nathan was forced to be crowned king of his father's kingdom. Why? Because young Nathan's family caught a sickness, a deadly, incurable sickness. And soon, the only heir to the throne left alive was him.

He seemed immune to the sickness that plagued their home. That killed his entire family. That left him all alone.

When he did turn twenty-one, his soulmate didn't show up. All day he had been excited. Every minute that passed was excruciating, for he couldn't wait to meet his destined love.

Once the clock passed midnight, he cried. He did not meet his soulmate that day, nor the next day, or the next year. He turned down every hand for marriage because he knew, or at least hoped, that his soulmate would appear soon.

Even the one spark he felt, the spark he felt with his cousin, Derrick, was quickly extinguished by Derrick's new soulmate.

And then things finally changed.

Then he met David.

David was Jake's- Derrick's soulmate's- best friend. And on David's twenty-first birthday, all of Nathan's dreams came true.

Because it turned out that David was Nathan's belated soulmate, the one who he was going to cherish forever. The one who would make sure that Nathan never felt alone ever again.

And after a giant war with mythical creatures, Nathan was finally taking David home with him.

Nathan smiled to himself as he watched the woods start to clear. He knew they would be back to his kingdom soon.

Looking over at the love of his life, he watched David eye the forest in awe from the carriage window, as if the greenery and shrubs were heaven itself. It made sense, since David was a Leshy- a guardian of the forest. And Nathan wouldn't mind going into the forest every once in a while, just to make David this happy and satisfied.

Nathan would give the world to David, if he could.

He would give anything to see those grey eyes light up in wonder, or to feel his soft hand in his, or to witness the pink blush that shown brightly against his pale skin. To feel the softness of his blond, almost white hair.

"What are you staring at?" David blushed, noticing his loving gaze.

"You," Nathan admitted, "You look adorable when you are interested in something."

This made David blush even more, which made Nathan's heart tumble in his chest. It was way too early to say, "I love you," but Nathan could say it. He could. David had already done so much for him, and they had only been soulmates for days.

He didn't know how Derrick kept himself from falling in love for so long.

Nathan, wanting to cuddle with his soulmate, wrapped an arm around David's shoulders smoothly. The touch of David's shoulders against his arm sent sparks of love coursing through him. Lovingly, he leaned in to give David a kiss to his temple.

"How is it that you are such an awesome, powerful being, yet still so shy?" Nathan asked him, nuzzling his forehead into the spot he kissed.

"I'm confident in my fighting skills, but not as confident when it comes to love," David admitted in his small, shy voice. Nathan smirked at the new information. He basked in David's innocence.