Chapter Thirteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

I remained quiet, only giving him a strained smile in order to not look rude, as he also had the same countdown on his chest, making me frown even more.

"What's with the long face?" My dad asked my mom rather than me.

"She asked me to make both of us stay at home tomorrow," My mom answered as I quietly put my things on the coffee table.

"Huh? Why?"

"When I dropped her off this morning, she claimed she saw a countdown on my chest,"

That statement suddenly seemed as though it was a missile dropped into the air, creating such an impact that neither of them seemed to come up with anything to say, speechless. After a few minutes or so, my dad cleared his throat, mumbling,"Well, there's nothing we can do about it now. We don't make the rules, we accept it,"

Sighing, he turned to me,"Listen, baby. Whatever it was, it was nothing. Maybe it was because you didn't it your veggies yesterday morning, then that caused why you saw that, yeah? This is why mommy always told you to eat your veggies,"

"B-but I read in a story in the library that when a countdown appears on someone's chest that means that's their remaining time until they die,"

"But not all stories are real, right?"

I hesitantly nodded, that bad feeling still turning in my gut.

[Timeskip]

"Miss Y/N, come to the principal's office please. It's an urgent matter,"

I felt my chest tighten, worse than what I felt yestersay. Something bad is going to happen... I can feel it.

As soon as I entered the office, I saw the grief-stricken face of the principal, fueling that nagging feeling in me.

"I'm very sad to say this, but... the school received a call... They said that... Miss, your parents-"

"My parents are dead. I know, I saw it coming. No need to inform me, can I go now? I have a class in ten minutes,"

He was shocked,"How... how did you know?"

I opened my mouth, contemplating whether to tell him or not, I settled with the latter,"I dreamt... of them dying... I know it was a dream, but... I had a different feeling and vibe from it... So, the fact that you called me here, with grief written all over your face is... is a given..."

"I'm very sorry to hear that..."

Without uttering a word, I left his office.

וו×

"... Woojin killed both of your parents,"

All these years, I've living in grief, blaming myself everytime I open my eyes in the morning that I was the reason of my parents' demise, but I was wrong all this time, and now the killer is just below the same roof as I am.

Writing furiously on a small journal, I saw how messy my writing has became on one of the pages. I huffed, throwing that measly piece of paper in a nearby vase.

"What seems to be the problem?" Chan's voice resonated in the air, turning around I saw his figure clad in black items all over walking towards me.

"Nothing..."

"You know I hate liars," He said, suddenly appearing behind me and snatching the notebook in my grasp, seeing Woojin's name with a huge 'X' written across it.

"You found out, didn't you?" He asked, eyes glued to the paper.

"Yes..."

"Did this change your judgement? About the members?"

"As a whole? Yes, it definitely did, I thought I could trust him,"

"Good, don't ever trust that person, now if you would excuse me, I need to talk to him," Chan said and left me there.

Making sure that he is gone from sight, I ran to a certain direction of the manor, towards a hidden room.

This plan better work.

וו×

What plan?? Pft-

After rereading the whole thing, I noticed that it has some plot holes, but I do hope that some of those may be cleared up after reading the following chapters