#19: I Can't Imagine A World With You Gone

Start from the beginning

"You cannot get in there, sir", she said, "It's the protocol".

Loki wanted to oppose, push the woman away and run to Y/N, but he knew he would probably do more damage than good. He sighed and glanced at the nurse in despair and then nodded in agreement. The nurse walked into the room, and the door closed behind her, leaving Loki back, shocked, confused and scared.

They took you away on a table

I pace back and forth as you lay still

They pull you in to feel your heartbeat

Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"

Loki was scared –no, he was terrified. He had lost so much; he couldn't bear losing Y/N. He kept pacing back and forth nervously. People were going by, but he felt so alone. Loneliness was becoming so unbearable that he felt he'd lose his sanity.

He finally made up his mind and called Thor. He was so terrified that he needed ten minutes to explain the situation. When Thor arrived, he found Loki in a terrible condition; he couldn't form a sentence without his voice breaking or being interrupted by his sobs.

"Shh... Hey, she'll be alright", Thor tried to reassure him, wrapping his one arm around Loki shoulders.

Loki let out a sob and looked up at his brother.

"What if... what if she doesn't make it...?" he stuttered among his tears, "What if she... she... N-no, no, I-I can't l-lose her... N-no, I'm not r-ready to let g-go... It's m-my f-fault, If I... Yes, I-I sh-should have known, there were s-so m-many things going through her h-head, I should h-have k-known... "

"Loki, this is nonsense. It's not your fault. You did your best to support her; you found her a therapist after the accident, you-"

"Fuck, I know how this feels, alright?!" Loki cut his brother short, almost shouting, then hung his head low, "I-I know how it feels... Being tired of life. Wanting to just... stop everything. To stop the pain, to... let go... of life... I should have seen it coming".

Loki's voice trailed off, and he looked so lost, so deep in thought. His eyes stared forward without actually seeing, and his look was empty. He felt, in fact, hollow.

"If she dies, I'll kill myself".

Thor looked at his brother as though he feared the latter would fall dead at any second, and the thought itself sent shivers down his spine. Loki kept staring forward with the same empty look. His voice had sounded loud and clear –and also very determined. Thor's lips parted as though he wanted to say something, but Loki talked before he could do so.

"You might try to stop me, but it will be no good. You can't prevent the inevitable forever. I'll do it someday... Someday, yes. The end... the end will come... Someday..."

Thor sighed and pulled Loki a little closer. No, Y/N had to live. She was a good person, a good friend. And Thor couldn't bear losing two loved ones in such a short period.

"I don't want you to misunderstand me, brother", Loki said, as though something about what he had said before bothered him, "If Y/N dies, you'll be the only one I'll be left, and I can't endure losing you as well. I mean, you have your friends –so many friends– but I... If something happens to you, I'll remain alone. I-I can't be alone... I c-can't..."

His voice broke when he spoke the last words. Thor caressed his shoulder as Loki closed his eyes and burst into tears. Please, Y/N, they both begged in their heads, hold on.

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Let me take your hand, I'll make it right