#19: I Can't Imagine A World With You Gone

Start from the beginning

"Y/N, please. At least talk to me, I know you're in there. Please, I'll break through the door".

No response, not even a sound to confirm she was in there. But Loki knew, he knew she was. He hit his shoulder on the door again and again until it flew open. Y/N lay on the tile floor, her face paler than ever. Loki knelt beside her and put a hand on her cheek; it was cold. His look locked on the orange bottle in her hand, and his heart sank.

"Damn, Y/N, what have you done to yourself...?" he whispered as tears began rolling down his cheeks.

He reached out his shaky hand to take her wrist and check her pulse. It was there; a weak heartbeat, but still existent.

"Please don't leave me, Y/N... don't leave me, darling..."

Loving and fighting

Accusing, denying

I can't imagine a world with you gone

The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of

I'd be so lost if you left me alone

You locked yourself in the bathroom

Lying on the floor when I break through

I pull you in to feel your heartbeat

Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"

A sigh of relief left Loki's mouth. Alive. She was still alive. For now. He had to do something, couldn't let the drug kill her; he had to take her to a hospital. He put the bottle she was holding in his pocket, lifted her in his arms and carried out of the house, not losing time locking the door. All that mattered at that moment was her; her and only her. He shoved her in the passenger seat, quickly but carefully, and rushed to put himself on the wheel.

"Please don't leave me, darling..."

Hold on, I still want you

Come back, I still need you

Let me take your hand, I'll make it right

I swear to love you all my life

Hold on, I still need you

The drive felt endless. Loki kept shooting glances towards Y/N, and many times he had to put his hand on her chest just to make sure her heart was still beating. He couldn't lose her, couldn't bear it; it would be too much for him.

Long endless highway, you're silent beside me

Driving a nightmare I can't escape from

Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading

Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones

He took a sharp turn into the hospital, and the sound of tyres stretching echoed, alerting the nurses that were near. Some of them ran to the car when it stopped, and Loki burst out of the car and opened the door of Y/N's seat. The nurses held a stretcher, and Loki placed her on it. She was taken away from him before he could even realise it or say anything.

"Do you know what caused her condition, sir?"

Loki turned his head towards the nurse beside him who had talked as he walked into the hospital and stepped along the hallways, following the stretcher. He brought the small bottle out of his pocket and handed it to the woman.

"Overdose, apparently", he replied, and his voice cracked.

He wanted to scream; all the feelings inside him were overwhelming. He felt his heart beating against his ribcage so quickly as though it was about to explode. The nurses took Y/N in a room, and Loki felt a hand on his shoulder, holding him back; it was the nurse with whom he had talked.