Chapter 10 》 Secret Friends and Stupid Fights

《 No - One's POV 》

The team was quick to spring into action.

Xander and Carlos made their way to Grim H.Q's wreckage, and began to inspect the damages done to the airship.

While inspecting a loose grid of rusted metal, a grimbot slipped from the cracks, the metal crashing to the floor with a thud, the grimbot falling into Carlos' arms.

The bot looked up to the Mexhanic, it's glassy, black eyes meeting Carlos' glitzy emerald ones.

" Oh my gosh, a grimbot..!" Carlos said, in an excited whisper. He inspected the bot in his arms, looking over the dents in it's metal, and the multiple scrapings on it. It's orange paint was chipping off, and it's facial features worn. It's joints made squeaking motions when moved. It was certainly an old bot.

The bot looked back to Carlos, inspecting the mechanic to the best of his abilities. He made a few buzzes and beeps, which unfortunately, were in a language very few could understand. Grimbot Code.

Carlos listened to the buzzes quite curiously, but did not understand a word of it.

" sorry, little guy. I don't know what that means." Carlos said. "Maybe if i.."

Carlos pressed one of the little buttons on the bottom half of the Grimbot, causing the hatchet ontop it's head to pop up.

" wrong one.." Carlos said, shutting the hatch. " maybe if i do this."

He pressed another of the buttons, but this time, it played a recording of a voice. The recording was old, and the grimbot's speaker, weary. But the voice could be recognized, and it was that of a young Grandmaster Glitch.

" Grimbot test log number 157. After fixing a few minor.. major problems in the wiring and excganging the metal shells, I've finally created the first working grimbot-!!"

Carlos stared at the bot. That explained it's age. This was the first grimbot to be built by Glitch. And, it seemed that he'd simply just aged away, rusting in grim HQ as time went by.

" y'know, i think I'm gonna keep you." Carlos said to the grimbot.

The bot buzzed in delight, hugging Carlos.

" you'll need a name.. I'm gonna call you.. Buzz-!!" Carlos said. " y'know.. cause you seemed to do that alot. Kinda like a bee!!"

The Grimbot, now named for his bee-like habit beeped and buzzed, the noises almost resembling a giggle.

As Carlos was fondling over his newfound friend, he was interrupted by his teammate, Xander.

" Carlos, what are you doing-?" Xander asked.

" nothing-!!" Carlos said, hiding Buzz behind his back. "Just.. inspecting Grim H.Q's damage -!!"

" well, keep at it. I've done my half, and I'm going to get the vroomster ready." Xander huffed, as he left Grim H.Q, hands folded, and eyes on his veichle.

" you do that-!" Carlos called. "I'm gonna.. start fixing-! Yeah-!! Cause you know.. that's my job-!!"

Carlos turned to Buzz.

" that went well, don't you think?" He said, earning a facepalm from his Grimbot friend. " all we need to do now, is fix this thing up so the team can pick it up, and get it out !! Wanna help out ?"

Buzz beeped in joy, opening his hatch ontop his head, and pulling out a wrench.

" fair enough." Carlos said, hitting his Star emblem, before putting a finger to his helmet. "I need G.O Fix-!!"

Soon enough, the G.O Fix was in Carlos' posession, thanks to his mentor back in JetPad, and the mechanic was patching damages on the airship where needed. Of course, with the secret help of his new friend.

Meanwhile, Ryx and Lyall were looking at material to fix the broken harbour.

" i reckhon we uze ziz." Lyall said, showing to Ryx a certain type of hardwood.

" i think not. There's less of it, and i doubt that it's even enough. We need something we know we have enough of. This, perhaps?" Ryx said, picking up a thinner, flimsier peice of wood, handing it to Lyall.

" ziz stuff iz eazily znappable, and will crack under ze prezzure the ztuff i picjed would be able to withztand." Lyall said, bending the wood in his hands.

" i say we go with what we have enough of." Ryx snapped.

" well, aye zay we go wizh what'z ztronker-!!" Lyall snapped back, breaking the flimsy wood he held.

" and what do you know about building harbours-?!" Ryx said, snatching the broken halves from Lyall.

"Apparently, mohre zhan you-!!" Lyall yelled. " do it yhour way, zee how it turhnz out."

" i will. And it'll suceed, trust me." Ryx said.

And with a snooty huff, Ryx stormed off, dragging a large pile of wood on wheels behind him.

He was really setting himself up for something.