e i g h t

Five Months Later

Five Months Later

Orange and scarlet leaved maple trees danced in the mild wind as Skyler stepped from the passenger seat of Grizz's jeep. Fall's yearly return had managed to swallow West Ham Connecticut whole with hues of warm red, ochre, and brown. Skyler had always considered fall one of her favorite seasons. The entire aesthetic of it all just seemed to speak to her soul. Therefore, flannel shirts, Halloween, and of course cider mills were considerably among her saving grace.

Five months had run its course and in the winds of change the teenagers of West Ham seemed to find a direction. Had they chosen the correct way? Or would things be different if they had decided to go left instead of right? It alluded that only time would tell. If anything, people appeared content with the rules in place. Including Skyler, who found happiness where she could; making the best out of a believably shit situation.

"Why do we have to do these meetings every week?" She complained as Grizz rounded the jeep, joining his hand with hers. "It would be better if we just had like, a massive group chat."

"Too many people sending messages at once." The tall boy chuckled, looking ahead at the people still trickling into the church.

"Well, we could send out a newsletter." The gentle wind blew Skyler's chestnut hair from her shoulders, smelling of wet leaves and nature. "It's practically the same thing."

"Let's just hope it doesn't go over an hour." Grizz sighed, holding the door open and allowing for her to walk inside. "Come on."

The pair descended the aisle, moving toward the empty pew at the front of the center row. Jason and Luke stood chatting quietly against the podium, and Grizz greeted them both with a fist bump before taking a seat beside his girlfriend.

Moments later, once it seemed that majority of the population had arrived, Gwen Patterson took a few paces toward the sanctuary; Allie moving aside and giving the girl a chance to speak. "Hi, everyone." She began, her dark curls bouncing as she glanced over the crowd. "Uh, so, new class sign up sheets are posted in the church lobby." The brunette then gestured to Skyler. "Sky, is going to be teaching a dance class on Monday's." The ballerina smiled as a few eyes fell upon her, somewhat excited that she would be getting back into her craft. "Um, we've just added an improv class, and due to popular demand, a second jiu-jitsu class." Gwen continued going over the weekly activities. "Oh, and finally, I hope to see you all tomorrow for movie night." She concluded before stepping down and taking the empty seat alongside Skyler.

Ever since she and Clark decided to go their separate ways, the girl seemed different; less out of touch. No one knew about the breakup save for Skyler and a few others. Surprisingly, Clark, took it better than expected, finding solace in other women, and his friends. Although, Skyler could tell that he sometimes missed the brunette girl.