Chapter 39: Family

Rey's POV:

It has been blissful the past few weeks since Ben has rescued me but I can't help but worry, we haven't heard from Finn or anyone since we have left the Rebel base. Two weeks later, Ben and I were in the middle of having lunch when I froze, something wasn't right. Ben started to talk to me but I couldn't hear him, all I could hear was my heartbeat in my ears. I couldn't breathe, it felt like someone was force choking me and then my vision went black. I found myself in the middle of nothing but darkness. He is the only voice I hear. 'Rey, oh my sweet Rey. Failing all your loved ones I see. Running away from the problems life throws at you. It makes me sick.' I know instantly it's Seth's. 'Don't you want a family Rey? To be loved and respected. If you join me, I could give you all of that! All you have to do is come back to me, my dear.' His voice leaves my head and I am thrown back into reality. I try to catch my breath, it feels like I have been running a marathon. I look around to see everyone who has made camp with us is staring at me. I feel Ben's hands in my shoulders, his hands are trembling. I couldn't take the stairs any longer as tears started to roll down my cheeks. 'Get me out of here.' I say to Ben through the bond, unable to convince myself to do anything else at the moment. I can feel how scared and anxious he is through our bond. I really had him worried and I hate myself for that. He carries me to the entrance of the Gray Jedi Temple, when we enter I start to calm down. "Thank you," I tell him barely above a whisper. I wrap my arms around his shoulders in an attempt to pull myself even closer to him. I feel him press a kiss to the top of my head and I can't help but smile. He puts me down and I turn to face him. "Rey, what happened? You were screaming at the top of your lungs and ripping your hair out." I sighed and looked down. "It was Seth." I'm hit with an overwhelming sense of anger but it's not mine. I looked up at Ben's face, his face was turning red and he was clenching his fist so hard I thought his palms were going to bleed. "I'll kill him. For everything he has done to you." I know that it's not Ben talking, but Klyo. I place my hand on his cheek and I instantly sense him relaxing as I make him look at me. "I have a plan to remove the First Order's hold on the Resistance. However, I have a feeling you're not going to like it" I say with a slight frown.