Chapter 20

**REMASTERED** I got a new idea for the plot of the story so I am making a few changes from this chapter on. Sorry for any inconvienice and I hope you're all enjoying the story. And because of this change, there IS going to be a third book :))

Paris's POV

When Prince asks us if we want any pizza, I run into the living room with the rest of my family. When everyone finally settles down, I look around and notice that Blanket and my dad are both missing. 

I quietly get up from the floor of the living room and wander around the house, looking for any signs of the two. I glance up at the second floor for just a moment before getting ready to turn the corner into the theater, and see my dad standing in front of Blanket's room with the door closed. I smile and turn around, then make my way up the stairs as silently as possible trying not to startle my dad.

As I reach the top of the stairs, my dad turns around and smiles at me.

"What'cha doin'?" I ask with a smirk. Dad returns the gesture, shaking his head. "I was just, uh, looking for the bathroom. I want to get all this make up off my face. It'll make me break out bad." he says and we both giggle.

"Well, that's Blanket's room. The bathroom is down there. Third door on the right." I know my dad knows his way around this house; he grew up here. But I just reminded him because I knew he was lying and I didn't have the heart to call him out on it.

My dad shyly thanks me and walks off down the hall. When he enters the bathroom and closes the door, I softly knock on Blanket's door and wait a couple minutes before opening it and letting myself in. 

I find Blanket sitting on the right side of his bed, facing the window. He turns around as soon as I walk in, and gives me just shy of a smile.

"May I?" I ask before letting myself further into his room. He nods and I close the door behind me, then walk over to the bed and sit next to him. I sigh and he turns back to the window, doing the same. 

"Blanket, you can't keep running off like that." I say after a few moments of silence. My little brother nods. He sighs again before saying, "I know."

"Running from your problems," I begin with a short breath while staring out the window. "is not going to solve anything. It's not gonna stop what's happening from happening, and it surely isn't gonna help you in the long run. It's only gonna make things worse, not only for you, but for everyone around you, too." 

My short speech earns me a slight smile. I nudge Blanket, making him smile wider. "When did you turn into my counselor?" he asks with a smirk and I shrug. "When I figured out that I was the only one you would be willing to talk to in times like this." I smile and lean forward, trying to catch a glimpse of my brother's face. He sniffles and I raise my eye brows. He laughs and I watch as a tear falls off of his jawline.

"That's because you'll actually listen to me," he sniffles. "and understand me because let's face it, I'm not the easiest person to comprehend."

"You can say that again!" I joke and we both giggle. 

"I'm such a mess." Blanket says and my face falls. "We're all messes." I say. I wrap my arm around his shoulders and he leans in to me. I rest my chin on the top of his head. "There is not a single person on this earth that is perfect. It's just what we see in them and how we see them that makes a difference, you know?" Blanket sits up and looks at me. He sniffles and presses his lips into a straight line. "Yeah." he answers, but his voice comes out a cracked whisper.

"And it doesn't matter. Yeah, maybe you need a little more attention than most kids, but that's okay. There's nothing wrong with needing attention. Just like there's nothing wrong with showing your emotions."  I wipe a tear away from his left cheek and he lowers his head even more. "Or being yourself." I squeeze his shoulder, forcing him to look up at me and smile. "And that's all you should ever be." 

"Thanks, Paris." 

"No need to thank me, B." I smile and hug my brother once again.

I love having these little talks with Blanket. I like that he lets me in and that he vents out to me. I like that he trusts me and that he's not afraid to be himself. I'm glad that he shows his feelings and talks to me about them. 

Yes, maybe he should talk to more people like our grandparents or Taryn, or even our dad. 

Gosh, how Blanket reminds me of dad.

I stare out the window with Blanket for a few more moments, thinking about how to say what I have been contemplating. I know he will get upset, but he has to talk to more than just me.

"But I really think you should talk to dad." I say quietly and Blanket turns to me. I continue to stare out the window into the night. Silence falls between us for a few minutes.

"He knows how we feel, you know. That we're upset with him. He knows. So it's okay to talk to him, Blanket. He needs closure just like the rest of us. You can talk to him, we all know you need to."

I see Blanket nod out of the corner of my eye and feel relieved that he didn't argue. He opens his mouth to speak, but before he can do so our names, one by one, are called almost in sync by numerous voices. 

Blanket and I's heads jerk to look at each other, and we jump up simultaneously, running to the stairs where we see Prince with the same expression as ours.

"What's going on?" he asks and Blanket shrugs.

"I don't know." I assert, shaking my head. Moments after that, the three of us are down stairs in the living room with everyone except my dad.

"Where's-" I begin, but am cut off by Taryn. She jogs to and up the stairs, calling for my father without taking any breaths in between.

Michael's POV

After wiping all the make up off my face and taking off the costume I had been wearing for the past seven and a half hours, I step into the hallway and look for Paris. Within seconds, I hear my name and automatically know it's Taryn.

"What's the matter, T?" I ask, worriedly. My heart pounds as I begin to shake uncontrollably. The worst possible scenarios skip through my mind and I try my hardest to stay contained.

"The hospital called...it's Natalie." Taryn begins slowly, obviously holding back tears. Her expression terrifies me and my heart sinks down to my stomach.

This can't be.

Natalie is not supposed to be taken off of life support until tomorrow afternoon. The hospital staff would have called us so that we could have been there... wouldn't they? It's late.

"She started responding to treatment." Taryn explains quietly. "Our baby, she-she's gonna make it!" Taryn and I smile just before I pull her into tight embrace and cry.

I cannot believe this.

Natalie is going to wake up.