1

A/N: hi hello lots of people seem to be reading this - thank you 😊 - Wattpad isn't my main so if you would like to read all my works uncensored follow link in bio to AO3 I have 30 works there under the SEVENTEEN tag

for updates and to  check out my neurotic ramblings follow @abnegwrites on Twitter

Again - thanks for reading ❤️❤️

"I don't need it."

Yoon Jeonghan was livid. He scowled at his Manager whose eyes were begging him to listen. "Jeonghan, please, how long have I been your Manager?" Jisoo rubbed his forehead and squinted his eyes shut. He'd been Jeonghan's manager for five years, since before his debut, and he'd always been temperamental but this was serious.

"There's been five letters now and the last two came within a week. You need a bodyguard." Jisoo wasn't taking no for an answer. He threw the pile of letters down on the table to make his point. The handwritten scrawls ranged from adoring to creepy to vaguely threatening. But the point was Jeonghan was being watched and someone needed to watch his back. "I can't take this responsibility on alone. Please just do this for me. Otherwise the company will be cancelling your comeback. You can't be out and about promoting with this creep watching you all the time and no one to protect you."

The beautiful singer looked over the letters. The first four had been sent to the company but the fifth had been sent to his apartment building. That was when Jisoo had thrown his hands in the air and demanded the hiring of someone to watch over Jeonghan. Jeonghan was an independent person and the only one he really allowed himself to rely on was Jisoo. Hiring the caring and clever man was the best decision his company ever made. But Jisoo was right, this was too much responsibility for him, and Jeonghan conceded defeat.

"Fine. But I want to do the hiring myself." Jisoo smiled at his boss's sudden and total acquiescence and frowned when Jeonghan began to tease him. "After all." Jeonghan smirked as he grabbed Jisoo's arm. "These skinny twigs can't exactly protect me, can they?" Jisoo squealed as Jeonghan grabbed him and tumbled them both onto the couch in a fit of giggles. Jisoo went pink with the flush of the unexpected touch of his beautiful angelic boss. Jeonghan was notoriously flirty with everyone he met. It wasn't an intentional thing, he just loved attention, and he knew how to get it.

Yoon Jeonghan was the shining light of his company. He rocketed to fame with his debut single, winning music show awards, rookie of the year, and the hearts of most of the country. Dubbed 'The Nation's Angel,' his first comeback was even more successful and within three years he had risen to the top of the music industry. He was stunningly beautiful, with his perfectly delicate features, his slim body and his long soft hair that changed colour with the seasons. He'd been blond, silver, red, dark and was considering violet for his comeback.

Yoon Jeonghan was talented, beautiful, and adored by the whole nation. Those close to him, however, saw the other side. Jeonghan was talented but a perfectionist. He was beautiful but narcissistic and high maintenance. He was adorable and flirty but could also be savage and manipulative, he alternated between clingy and aloof, and he was always in charge. He got what he wanted and he did what he wanted and no one could stop him.

Jisoo was the only one able to manage him. The mild mannered clever man had just the right mix of sweetness and strength to be able to bend Jeonghan to the company's wishes. And even then only slightly and only if it was to his advantage somehow. Jeonghan wouldn't say yes to anything he didn't want to agree too.

"I want to go shopping." Jeonghan said abruptly as he stopped tickling Jisoo and got up from the couch. "You really think that's a good idea?" Jisoo frowned but he knew he would have to go. "I'll just wear a cap and mask. Come on. I want to buy some clothes and stuff, I'm bored, and I want icecream and to go to the movies." The pleading had turned into whining by the end of the sentence and Jisoo just nodded. "I'll just get changed first." Jeonghan said as he tossed his shirt onto the floor and walked across the room, his bare chest making Jisoo blush again, to Jeonghan's amusement.

He tossed a few shirts onto the floor and selected one he deemed suitable and pulled it over his head. He rolled his ponytail up into a little bun and pulled a bucket hat over it, grabbed a mask, and headed for the door with the still blushing Jisoo in tow. Jeonghan wanted to drive and while he drove towards his favourite upmarket mall Jisoo made the phone calls and set up the interviews. The security position would be filled tomorrow he hoped.

The next day Jeonghan and Jisoo sat at a table in the front meeting room of the company building. The company's head of HR was present but he was there more as a courtesy. Everyone knew this was Jeonghan's show and they were just bystanders.

The first applicant came in. "Too old." Jeonghan said instantly. "but Jeonghan..." Jisoo whispered as he pushed the resume across the table. "he's very experienced and a martial arts expert." "Don't' care." Jeonghan said with a wave of his hand. "Too old. Next please." The man got up and left without a word and then next man walked in. He was huge, ex military, and Jeonghan was semi interested until the guy smiled revealing a row of very crooked teeth. "Nope. No jacked teeth. Can't look at that all day." The man got up and walked out.

The third one seemed like a winner until he walked close to them and they caught a whiff of his body odour. It was faint, but it was also a cool day, and Jeonghan wrinkled his nose in disgust as the man left the room. "We'll call you." Jisoo said politely. "No we won't!" Jeonghan yelled out at the retreating man's back.

The fourth, fifth and sixth all went pretty much the same. "Jeonghan.." Jisoo was starting to whine as the day dragged on. "You have to choose someone." "But Jisoo you don't understand. This is a personal bodyguard. They'll be in my house and car, sitting on my expensive furniture and in my dressing rooms, and it can't be someone who stinks or is old or has jacked up teeth. It just cant."

The last applicant opened the door and walked in. He wasn't overly tall but wasn't short either and was nice and broad across his shoulders. The fitted black tshirt he wore cling nicely to a pair of shapely biceps and when he got closer and held out his hand to shake Jeonghan almost swooned. He was stunningly handsome, all dark floppy hair and huge heavily lashed eyes, and the rosiest lush lips Jeonghan had ever seen. What he wouldn't give for lips and lashes like this guy. Jeonghan smiled as he shook the man's hand and a delicate scent of cologne washed over them. Jisoo stared at Jeonghan's bright and genuine smile, it was a rarity, he usually dished out his fake smiles if you were lucky.

"Hi. You're hired." Jeonghan said before the man could even sit and a curious expression crossed his face. "Really?" he answered in a thick velvety voice that settled soothingly in Jeonghan's ears. "But I haven't even introduced myself or detailed my experience."

"It doesn't matter." Jeonghan said. "I'm Yoon Jeonghan and I'm your new boss. You're hired." The man smiled brightly at Jeonghan showing a perfect row of white teeth and a little too much gum but Jeonghan just found it cute. "Okay then. I'm Choi Seungcheol and I'm your new bodyguard."