Chapter 1: The Invasion

The Soviet Union has suffered the worst wheat harvest in 55 years, as they invade Poland which has been riddled with food and labor riots. Cuba and Nicaragua have reached troop strength by 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras collapse. Greens Party gains control of west German parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil. Mexico plunges into revolution. Nato falls.

United States stands alone.

September 6th, 1984
Calumet, Colorado

It was 7:55 AM. Jack was driving to the high school with his brother Danny. "I'm telling you Jack, we're gonna be late" Danny said. "We're not gonna be late Danny" Jack assured him, turning into the road leading to the school. They pulled up and parked the truck, getting out and jogging to the front of the school. Standing there was their friend Matthew. "About time" Matthew said. "Yeah yeah we know Matthew" Jack said. "Let's just get to class" Danny said, the three going inside.

When they got in the classroom, there was their friends Megan, Danny, and Aardvark. The other three sat by them. "Wow, you guys aren't late. That's a new record" Megan smiled. Jack mimicked Megan, to which the others chuckled. "You suck at mimicking" Megan said. Then the teacher came in.

Mr. Sinclair

"I hope your all done talking amongst each other, class is now starting

"I hope your all done talking amongst each other, class is now starting. Open your books to page 173" Mr. Sinclair said. Everyone did as told.

"Now the great hunt would always begin with the armies, spread out in a semicircle. About the size of Rhode Island. They would ride forward, driving everything before them. Beast, men, even bugs. Then the ends would kind of close in to form a shrinking circle, and everything within that circle panicked to get out. But when the Mongols could see each other, they had worked themselves up into a pretty good frenzy. Now when this killing started, it lasted for days, weeks, even months. It went on, until the last son of the Khan, asked his father that the last creature alive...." Mr. Sinclair stopped talking, looking out the huge window of the room to see paratroopers coming down from the sky.

Everyone else looked to see them, walking up to the window with Mr. Sinclair. "They look cool don't they" Matthew said. "I would say they're way off course" Mr. Sinclair said. They then saw troops running around. Some throwing red smoke, some getting out crates. "Stay here and stay down" Mr. Sinclair told them, walking out to the people. Some of them were speaking Spanish, but most of them were speaking Russian.