Chapter 39 - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"Ex-husband," Cassandra points out firmly. "Or he would be if you signed the divorce papers. Plus, we'd very much like it if you'd drop our surname. The further away it is from yours the better."

Nadia rolls her eyes before they land on me. "And I certainly didn't ask to see the father of my daughter. I asked to see his fi-"

"Don't you dare even mention her name," I warn through gritted teeth. "You don't get to say her name after what you did to her. You shouldn't even be contacting her under the terms of the restraining order we have on you."

"She survived, didn't she?" She says smugly. "Your precious fiancé is alive to tell the tale. It's fine."

I shake my head and get to my feet. "You know, I only came here to tell you to stop trying to contact my fiancé. Now I've done that, I'm done." I move away from the table. "Enjoy the rest of your time in prison, both here and in America when you go."

I hear Nadia scoff and make a comment about me but I brush it off. I don't care about her comments and if Cassandra feels the same as I do, she'd get up and follow me out of here.

"If I were you, Nadia, I'd sign those divorce papers by the end of the day or you'll be sorry you ever tried to mess with my family." Cassandra says calmly but there's nothing calm about the underlying warning. If Nadia had any brain in her head that gave her some common sense, she'd take heed of the warning.

Cassandra gets up and walks to stand next to me as we wait by the closed door to be let out of the room.

"Is that all I get?" Nadia calls out. "Not even five fucking minutes or a chance to say something? I should have known that people like you two are nothing but money-grabbing gits!"

"Just ignore her," I mutter.

"I didn't hear anything anyway," Cassandra responds, clearly not giving a damn about Nadia's comment.

"I know the two of you can hear me," Nadia goes on. "I will not go unspoken to. One of you will talk to me and if it isn't going to be the bitch on the left, it'll be player on the right."

"Nadia, save your voice for people who care," I advise. "Neither of us do."

"I knew it'd be the player to respond to me. Point one to me," she sniggers. I look back at her then turn back to look at the door. "I have rights, you know. I have a right to say something and make requests."

She really doesn't. She lost all of those the moment she landed in here. She doesn't get to demand shit after what she did to so many people.

"I demand to see my daughter," she suddenly says.

I scoff. "Yeah, that won't be happening."

"I'll get my lawyers to make it happen. I have good lawyers after marrying into money."

It's that comment that has Cassandra turning and storming over to the table. I follow her quickly and grip her arm so she doesn't go any further. She can't get any closer to Nadia anyway with the partition between us but that won't stop her from squaring up to her.

"You have fuck all, Nadia." Cassandra says loud and clear so Nadia gets it. "My family are the ones who have the good lawyers and they are the ones making sure you get kept behind bars for years to come."

"I'm still entitled to something from that marriage," Nadia retaliates with a smirk.

"You're entitled to fuck all. That's why you signed an airtight prenup. Trying to kill my brother was a step you should never have taken because you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us."