Author's Note

I'm writing this for a lot of reasons. One being I want to explore Alexandra Bracken's Characters. (Cole Stewart and Jude, and some others.) This is a fanfiction so it will be containing spoilers, so if you haven't I suggest you go read the books.

This is before the darkest minds series takes place

cough cough... SPOILERS.. cough cough..

Two this is me exploring Cole's and Jude's backgrounds as well as Claire's and Liam and the other characters may pop up once in a while. I've always really liked Cole. Not really as a love interest for Ruby just as a stand alone character. Probably cause there's a lot of scenes in the book that just leave you questioning things about him. Just saying, I am definitely loyal to Liam, and i'm willing to admit Liam is kicked around a lot is the last book. But I loved how big of a role Cole played, but there's a lot to his character that's left out.

I wanted more of why he's so guarded, why he's so ashamed of who he is. There's one quote of his, "The thing is... What they don't tell you about forgiveness is that— you don't give it for the other person's sake, but your own."
I really liked this one :)

As for Jude I feel like I didn't enough time with him. And we barely got anything to his past, so I'm including him because I MISS HIM. My sweet boy,,, ☹

This is my first book or actually my first anything. Forgive me if my writing sucks I usually just write for myself in my journal. So here goES amIRiTE.

This will be switching from Cole's Point of view to Emily's point of view, it'll be labeled so don't worry

I might do some other characters every once a while, depends.

I'd really appreciate if you'd comment. Leave feedback and if you have any constructive criticism or suggestions :)