vi

The night sky decorated the world with a dark hue, the small rays of light from the moon just barely seeping through the heavy coat of leaves from the forest's trees.

This was the perfect setting for you to sleep.

Despite the horribly uncomfortable position you were in.

Your back was laid across the wolf's back as it manoeuvred through the dense setting. The large paws making a thud with each step it took, the majestic creature being respected and looked up upon by other critters of the wild.

Inosuke had his eyes stuck on their surrounding area, his guard high up in case of an attack. It not that he was worried about you or anything, if an attack did happen then he would throw you at the attacker for sure, but you did save his life before. Twice. So he felt an urge to protect you, to return the favour. He was a wolf and you were a puppy, small and gentle but obnoxious and surprisingly brave. Loud and outspoken against those in the wrong.

Or at least that's what the first impression gave off.

"'King inosuke helps no one, huh?'"
A stern voice spoke out in the dead of night, his eyes rolling as he looked at the mama wolf that stood tall and awaited for her son's arrival at the foot of the cave.

"She saved me."
He defended, hoping off of his brother's back and throwing your unconscious body over his shoulder recklessly.

The large wolf growled dangerously, her fangs showing as she glared at the human.
"Don't bring that human in here."
She threatened.
"All they do is hurt us and make our territory stink."

"So me?"
Inosuke laughed, ignoring his mother's warnings and, quite roughly, laying you down on the ground.

"You know you're different."
She sighed, shaking her head before walking off to the farthest corner from you, curling up in a ball and letting her sons crawl close to her for warmth from the night.
"She's your responsibility then, if she does anything bad then I'm killing her."

"Deal."

The morning sun came in a flash, Inosuke awakening at the earliest hours with the rising ball of fire that lit up the one dark world. The still dim world giving him goosebumps as he stretched and prepared for the day.

His boar mask had long been forgotten, his green hues being showcased to the world around him as his short, dark hair swayed in the morning breeze.

You peeled your eyes opened upon having the light morning hues hit your closed eyes, your sight taking its sweet time to adjust to the brightness before finally giving you the basic talent to see.

And boy, were you glad you woke up at a time like this.

You stared at the male sleepily, your mind still not processing just what was happening or where you were. All you knew was that right in front of you, a couple feet away, was a really good looking shirtless guy. His green orbs were stuck on the scenery just in front of the open cave, the light blues of the 6am sun settling perfectly on his oddly light skin.

He was like a doll.

A really good looking doll.

"Oi."
His rough voice snapped you out of your day dream, finally getting your senses back to see him crouching down next to you, his face dangerously close to your own.

"H-hi.."
You stuttered, trying to sit up but painfully stopping when a train of pain shot through your body.

"Are you stupid? Lay back down."
He grumbled, helping you shift back into a comfortable position before throwing some animal skin on top of you. Now, you weren't going to be rude, you loved the kind gesture from the handsome beast but you were much more comfortable without the skin of a dead animal laying on top of you.
"You lost too much blood after being stupid yesterday, you'll need to rest for a day or two before you can go back to where you came from."
He grunted, standing back up to his feet.

"What? Back to where I came from?"
You questioned as he turned to you with a raised brow.

"Yes? Don't you have a town? Or village?"
He grunted.

"Yes I do bu-"

"Great, then you'll go back the day after tomorrow."

"I can't!"
You cried. Puffing you your cheeks.
"I need you to help me in defeating all of the monsters! I can't go back to my village until I know we're safe from monsters for good! Please help me!"

The male stared at you with raised brows for a second before scoffing.
"So you're one of them."
He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Them?"

"Soldiers who believe that they're pure, believing they're the ones who will help me free the world of monsters and bring back peace. That's you, right?"
He laughed.

Embarrassment shook through your body, meekly nodding your head in reply as he smirked.

"I don't need any helpers, I'm gonna save the world by myself and become the greatest beast to ever live."

"B-but-"

"No."
He sneered sternly, shutting you up almost immediately.
"I don't need any help so just learn your place and rest so you can leave."

And with that, he walked off. Most likely to hunt or scare off other humans that reached his territory.

But that little bullying session in no way was going to make you back out.