Chapter Three - Life Comes With Choices?

Isabella Knight POV

"Thank you for helping me with the orphans today, Bella." The headmistress expressed her gratitude.

"You don't have to thank me, I had a good time baking with the children." I smiled at her.

"May you be blessed and good luck with the opportunity of working overseas, the kids are going to miss you." She escorted me to the front doors of the orphanage.

"I'm going to miss them too and please remember to give the toddlers their gifts when they wake up." I touched her on the shoulder and she nodded.

"Absolutely. They will be so happy, but they won't get to see you." She exhaled, sadly.

"I will try to stop by tomorrow." I reassured her as we stood at the front doors.

"Have a safe trip." She told me, opening the doors and I nodded, exiting the orphanage to fetch a cab on the streets.

************

"Didn't you see him?" Pearl, my beloved best friend, asked as we both walked towards the bus stop and I sighed for the second time.

She grinned, amused.

Pearl and I have been best friends since high school and she's literally a big sister to me. She's twenty two years old and we both work in my Mom's pastry shop as waitresses.

Most times, I would bake cakes, cupcakes, donuts, breads and other pastry products for the shop. I even make homemade coffees, ice cream which is my most favorite and icing along with a lot more.

My dream is to become a full-time Chef and I recently received a one time opportunity to work overseas in a five star restaurant in Chicago. I've my diploma certificate, bachelor degree and I even mastered the work experience of becoming a Chef, so I should be departing in a week.

"Pearl...not this again...you have been rambling about Justin Antonio Martínez ever since I stepped foot into the shop, which was hours ago...and yes, I think I spotted the smug look on his face." I recalled, completely annoyed.

"I don't know why you dislike him, he's so...famous, rich, handsome and fucking hot...oh my gosh...you should've seen the way he smiled at me." She responded, dreamily glancing up at the clear blue sky.

My forty seven year old Dad has been working as a fashion designer at the Martínez industry for over ten years, but he recently got fired a few days ago for a reason which he refused to discuss.

Justin is an arrogant, filthy rich and cold hearted devil in the form of an angel. He lives in this city, but he tends to travel a lot according to the monthly magazines which my Dad tends to bring home from time to time.

He's a twenty five year old bachelor, a millionaire and he has it all. The perfect Greek God figure in limited edition of the human physique, he's typically a Sex God to most women.

He has the money. The absolute pitch perfect family. The fame and he clearly gets any woman or celebrity he desires. Everyone sees him as a breathtaking handsome Fashion Icon though he really is, but I see him as a cold bastard.

"He's just some cocky rich dude who doesn't give a shit about anyone, but himself." I told Pearl while running a hand through my hair.

She shrugged, "Don't judge the book by its cover." She became poetic as we stood by the bus stop.

I knew she had a point, so I changed the topic, saying, "So, aren't you going to tell me details about the feedback on my new receipt for the homemade coffee?"