Chapter 5: A Mirror That Measures Strength... I Broke It...

This has been the journey so far...

The filthy curr was dealt with and the Grim Reaper made a perfect example of what he is

The filthy curr was dealt with and the Grim Reaper made a perfect example of what he is... But as the sun rises from the darkness, the Grim Reaper awakens once more.

-Crow Father.

The sun slowly shines above the city as the birds chirps in peaceful harmony... Within the Peace and Mind Inn, you were sitting on a wooden chair near the window, reading a book in hand and a sleeping Rem on your lap... The poor girl seemed to struggle to find any sleep when you returned... So you decided to hold her in your arms till she was no longer troubled.

(y/n): Truly was expecting a fun fight last night... But it appears that I'm fully rested and at my one hundred percent strength. Guess I finally got some peaceful sleep.

You said to yourself, leaning your chin on your hand as you hear Shera snores on the bed which she was enjoying herself... You looked at her from the corner of your eyes and blinked, slightly surprised to see someone so satisfied.

(y/n): Guess the Elf has found peace, huh? Hmm...

You went back to reading as the morning slowly moves on. As the tine slowly passes, you hear a soft grunt below you as you looked down, seeing Rem has finally began to wake as her cat ears perks up before rubbing her eyes.

(y/n): Has thou rest easy, Rem?

Rem: Hmm?

Rem's sleepy eyes soon opens before she begins to look at her surroundings, he eyes soon leads her to yours as you hold a small, gentle smile.

(y/n): Morning, Little One.

Rem's eyes slowly widens before she begins to blush a red glowing color, she begins to stutter as she tries to respond.

Rem: M-M-Morning...

You just smiled at Rem before you carefully lifted her up in your arms after putting down the book and set Rem on the chair. You took a step back and leaned on the window frame before speaking.

(y/n): What shall we do today?

Rem's blush fades away once you asked a question, she gets comfortable on the couch as she replied.

Rem: Register as Adventurers.

(y/n): Very well. When shall we begin?

Rem: When the Elf wakes up.

And once Rem replied, Shera's snores were heard once again as you and Rem looked over your shoulders to see her laying in a different position as a satisfied smile was shown on her face.

(y/n): Huh...

[Timeskip with (y/n) eating an apple while he watches Rem and Shera argue who summoned him first... ]

(y/n): I don't see a single human soul in the city or in this building.

Shera: Humans hardly come here.

(y/n): Interesting.

After following Rem and Shera in the city, the three of you ended up inside a large building on the second floor. Within the second floor, you spotted three girls with dog ears and tail behind a counter. You looked down at your hand, holding a registration paper as the words were unknown to you... But that didn't take long for you to immediately understand it as you filled the papers with Shera... Then... One of the Dog Girls placed a dagger on the counter.

???: Please place your blood seal here...

Shera: I don't like this...

You simply sighed before grabbing the dagger and poked a hole in the palm of your hand, letting the dead blood roll down your wrist and drop onto the paper before you asked.

(y/n): So what's next?

...

...

...

(y/n): A... Mirror... With no reflection.

You simply said, standing before a Mirror with no reflection that was next to the counter. You stared at the mirror before one of the Dog Girls spoke.

???: Place your hand on it and try filling it with power.

(y/n): Oh... Wonderful.

You did as she explained, you walked up to the mirror and placed a hand on it... However, nothing happened as Shera and Rem poked their heads from around your shoulder.

Shera/Rem: Uuhhh... EEEKK!!!!

Suddenly, arms of the undead began to reach out from the mirror as they grab your arm, the girls were horrified while you held a calm smile.

(y/n): Oh sweet, the lives I've killed.

And with that said, everything fades to black as the title "How To NEVER Summon The Grim Reaper" appeared as the title was untouched and silence fills the air.