School Night

"¿Escuchaste que desapareció? ha pasado una semana Mariajose" (Did you hear he disappeared? It's been a week MariaJose)

"Espero que lo encuentren ... vivo. Sabes que rara vez encuentran personas que desaparecen viva. Especialmente aquellos que van a las montañas solos por la noche. Estaba buscando esa cabra, que siempre se escapa. Usted sabe que su padre lo golpea cuando pierde una cabra"   (I hope they find him... Alive. They rarely find those who disappear alive. Especially those who go to the moutains alone at night. He was following the goat that always runs away. You know his dad hits him when he loses a goat)

We walk outside the gates of our school. It's dark now, and the streets are lonely from people except for those who just came out of school. I'm with my friend Ismeralda, as we walk a couple streets down to my little brothers school. I see him waiting with others. When we get to his block, Ismeralda walks down her block. She doesn't live far from the school. I grab my brothers backpack and put it around my shoulders.

"¿Alguien te lastimó en la escuela hoy?" (Did anyone hurt you at school today?) I whisper to him, and he shakes his head. The walk home is silent as it is always is. When the streets are quiet, it's very alone, it's what scares me the most. You only really hear us walking, as my brother sometimes scrapes as he walks on the concrete. We turn a corner off a block , and see a couple of dudes right outside their door drinking beer. I keep my brother close to me as we have no choice but to go through this street.

"Oye Mami, ven aquí, déjame ver ese lindo culo debajo de esa falda."  (Hey Mami. Come over here, let me see that pretty ass under that skirt),  one of them tells me as we walk by, and they whistle at me. I grab my brothers arm and keep walking, picking up the speed.

"Te estoy hablando perra" (I'm talking to you bitch) I feel someone yank my arm, and spin me around. My brother falls on the concrete, and I'm face to face with someone not to older then me with a beer in his hand. He grabs my face aggressively.

"Eres tan sexy" (You're so sexy) he tells me. I push him away, and attempt to get out of his grip. He keeps a hold on me, his hand moves to my ass, and he squeezes it. I'm not going to take this from anyone, I push him away slightly and knee him in the balls. He drops the beer and it breaks on the concrete, on the floor grabbing himself. I grab my brothers hand and we run home. When we get home, I quickly unlock the door. My brother goes in, and then I do. I lock the door. We slide our living room door to go to our room. We don't even tell my parents we're home like we usually do. I throw our backpack by our clothes and get on top of my bed. I feel disgusting, I hate when men do that kind of shit. I've never been groped down there, but my ass gets either slapped or squeezed.. and it makes me feel so fuckin low.

"Estas Bien?" (You okay?) My brother ask me, and I lift my head from my knees and nod at him. We turn the lights off, and I go under the covers of my bed. I turn my body over, and think of something to dream of. I think of America. I picture a beautiful green field, and me lacing my mercurials boots to play with other kids from the neighborhood. Do they have teams there? Ooh I wonder how many leagues they have, are their any professional ones? Do girls get to play?