1. Impatient and Uncertain

Viva

My eyes were on the wall clock as it steadily pointing its fingers to the number six. I automatically reached for my bag, resting on the side of my desk, waiting for it to be picked up.

"Vivi, any plans tonight?" Oz asked, cocking me a wide smile.

I nodded my head to him while my eyes were on my computer screen, saving all my documents in a single folder. "Yes Sir! I have my girls waiting for me."

Oz leaned on the edge of my desk, with crossed arms. "Really? Can I come?"

I gave him a disapproved look. "No!"

He shot me a pleading stare."Oh c'mon. I have not meet your friends at all. I wanna meet them. And let them know that I have been taking good care of their dear friend here." He said with a light tone and ruffled my hair like a pet dog.

I hit lightly his hand and stood up from my chair. "Some other time, Mr. Reynolds. I need to go now. Bye." I gave him a smile, I shifted my eyes to the whole room, looking at my co-workers with a 'TGIF' face, I raised my voice in a high-pitch and gave a big wave to everyone inside the office. "Byeeee!"

I immediately went outside the room and not minding Oz' persistence.

I went to the elevator and pressed the DOWN arrow. Atleast five minutes, the elevator door opened, only to find myself being greeted by my boss. His eyes shone surprised when he saw me. I was hesistant to  take a step when a flashed of memory from this morning came to me. It was weird. It has been puzzling me for a whole day.

I did not meet his eye contact and just went inside the spacious box. I lifted my finger and pressed the CLOSE button.

I was trying to control my breathing. My heart has been pumping fastly the moment I saw his face again.

I felt the intensity of his stare hitting my back like an arrow.

I closed my eyes to ease this troubled heart of mine. Ooh, I so wanted to get out from here. Why am I having this kind of scenario with my boss? This never happened at all. And I don't think he ever got me into this kind of spot before?

"Going home?"

My body thrilled up as I heard his voice. That surprised me. I gathered myself and breathed in as I slowly turned my head to his direction. That time I met his gaze, he was smiling at me, that gave me a sense of bewilderness.

"Yes, Mr. Pierre. I am."

"I see. You mentioned this morning that you'll go out with your friends?"

I shot a smile back, "Yes."

He was leaning his back against the metallic wall, his hands were hiding on his pockets. I wonder why he was alone. I was imagining that he will be assisted with few bodyguards and his secretary, Polo.

"I am still expecting for you to say yes to my dinner invitation."

I gave a surprised expression. So, he did mean it? But why?

I have a lot of questions running inside my head. It spins me with all these puzzles that I cannot find a place to fit.

"Mr. Pierre, can I ask you something?"

He nodded his head, "Sure."

I held my bag tightly. "Why? Why are you asking me out?"

His eyes rested on mine as his passive face turned into a wide smile, like there was something humorous that caught him.

"Why I'm asking you out?" He said, parroting my question. "I just want to. That simple."

My brows met. "It still did not answer my question. I mean, you do not even know me for sure, aside from the fact that I am your employee. We haven't talk nor hang-out? And by saying that you just want to is not believable."