◤girl meets flaws◥

Começar do início

"Spill it, Farkle." Maya demands now.

"We're worried about you," and it takes him a second before he looks into Meghan's eyes and then spills the beans about the situation.

"Somebody made fun of my turtlenecks." Farkle tells them lowly.

"Your turtlenecks?" Riley asks confused.

"Yeah, somebody said they make me weird." Farkle told them the truth.

"You are weird." Maya says to him honestly.

"She doesn't mean that." Riley says.

"Riley, it's true! Farkle's weird. He knows he is. He embraces it. But you already know that, Farkle. That's what makes you unique."

"What good is being unique if somebody knows you're really not?" The hurt is all over her face and Meghan already feels the anger brewing in her.

John Quincy Adams Middle School, History Class

It was the next day and Farkle still wasn't in class."Ghandi. What'd he do?" Dad asks the class.

"Freed Ireland." Maya answers completely stupidly.

"Maya," Meghan groans and rubs her temples.

"Try again."

"Freed Ireland." Maya repeats once again.

"Freed India." Their teacher corrects.

"Before or after he freed Ireland?"

"Jackie Robinson. What'd he do?" He ignores her stupidity.

"First guy to play in the major leagues after Gandhi freed 'em." Billy answers, and at this point Meghan feels their joking.

But Billy might just be that stupid. She doesn't know.

Dad sighs."I-I quit."

"But you can't quit, sir!" Farkle's voice yells from the machine.

"And you need to be in my class, Farkle." She completely agrees with him."How long are you gonna be out sick?"

"Don't know." Farkle starts to fake cough."Pretty bad cold, sir."

"Liar!" Meghan yells to him from her seat with an annoyed look.

"Okay. Feel better." Mr. Matthew says in contrast softly, before pointing to the picture on the blackboard. "What about her?"

Riley answers."That's Malala. The Taliban doesn't think that women should be educated. She stood up to them and became the first teenager ever to be nominated for a Nobel Peace prize." She hears Riley's message and Meghan sighs.

"May I be excused?" Meghan suddenly asks and Riley softly smiles towards her.

"For what?" He asks.

Meghan stands out of her seat."Riley said it, the world has presented me with an opportunity." With that, Meghan leaves the classroom.

"Riley, you aren't going with her?" He asks as he waits for his other daughter to leave as well.

Riley shakes her and smiles."Her opportunity." L

John Quincy Adams Middle School, Janitor's Room

Meghan hotlines ir towards the Janitor's closet and finds Farkle in there with Harley."Farkle," he looks up to see her."Nobody in this school loves to learn more than you. You need to be back into the classroom where you belong. Nobody gets to crush your spirit, nobody."