Prologue: Crushed

ANOTHER ONE! YAY! I'm making two new fanfictions because I want to. B) Anyways, this is an alternate universe where Sachiko and Yoshie never died and Takamine stayed sane and all that fun stuff. Also, there is a little Kagerou Days reference here, so I will admit this is not ENTIRELY my idea. Anyone who sees the reference gets a surprise. ;3 Anywho, ON TO THE STORY!

Note: I am one to make my story characters go through literal Hell. :D

Kishinuma Yoshiki's P.O.V  

"Yoshiki-chan! Look, I found a flower!" Nakamoto Ayano laughed, her platinum blonde hair flowing in the soft summer breeze. Kishinuma Yoshiki sat on a bench, watching with happy gray eyes as Ayano-san ran over to him with a yellow wildflower, quite rare where he currently lived. A delighted smile of a curious eight year old was plastered onto his face. His midnight hair was hanging in his eyes, but he couldn't care less.

He may have been a boy, but he had never seen a flower before, and was quite excited to be seeing one with his best friend. Her baby blue dress went well with the flower, Yoshiki noticed. He never really had noticed the eleven years old girls beauty, nor did he care or like her that way (at least he thought so), but he liked how the bright sunshine yellow went with it. The colors complimented each other.

Ayano-san held the flower in front of his face, looking at him. He was usually taller, since she was quite short for her age, but when he sat she looked down on him. It felt natural.

He held out his hand and she let it flutter into his open palms. The petals were silky and soft, the stem was smooth but firm, and the leaves had easily seen ridges. He picked it up and held it upright, comparing it with the sun.

"It looks like the sun." He observed. She giggled and snatched it playfully out of his hands. He was used to this behavior, and it didn't bother him in the slightest.

"Yeah, you're right!" She chirped, sending him a friendly smile. She studied the blossom, twirling it in her fingers. Yoshiki got off of the bench and looked around. The wind was getting a bit stronger; his hair had finally left his dark gray eyes, to his happiness. He could actually see clearly now. His hair was possessed by some demonic spirit or something. And it didn't help the suns rays were hot enough to rival desert heat.

"Hey, Ayano-san, can we go on a walk? I don't like the park when it's windy." Yoshiki had to ask, since Ayano-san was his babysitter as well and his parents were out doing errands. She may seem childish, but she was very responsible. She had done all the chores, and tricked him into helping. He had never got hurt with her around, since she would make sure all hazards were avoided.

"Of course! Hehe, I always like walks in the summertime, though my favorite season is winter. I love the snow..." She threw the daisy-looking flower into the air, but before she could catch it, he jumped up and grabbed it. She tilted her head slightly. He took her moment of confusion to shove the flower behind her ear, holding back the pretty straight strands. She blinked, before grinning happily. "Oh! Thank you!"

"No problem." He laughed. He always had so much fun with her. He wished it woud always be like this, even when he didn't need a babysitter.

The two kids started to walk away from the park, laughing and talking about everything on their minds. Ayano-san is so nice...and pretty. He chased away that thought, continuing his story about the worm he found the other day that he swore was almost an inch thick...maybe a little exaggerated, but who uses centimeters? (Canada.)

Yoshiki straightened out his red long sleeved shirt. He wasn't sweating, but it sure was kind of hot and uncomfortable crumpled up. "...so my mom told my dad 'Don't you go near my...bad word...daughter again!'. I-I think he's going to leave..." She sniffled. The conversation switched subjects often, but the two didn't like to dwell on things for too long.