Chapter Two: Money

I went home to see what happened, I opened the door, my mom was crying.

"What is is mom?" I asked.

"There, was a robber." She said.

"Okay, why are you crying?" I asked.

"He took all of my money, he took all of my jewelry!" She was sobbing.

"Oh my god, she's overreacting." I thought in my head.

I went upstairs to my room, and saw something I would have never believed. Ash was laying on my windowsill with blood around him.

"Ash?" I said with teary eyes.

"Ash!" I yelled, I was sobbing.

I threw my door closed, which had a few cracks in it from when I slammed it before, and cried on my bed, Ash still on the windowsill. I felt something fluffy on my arm.

It was Ash. "Ash!" I yelled and threw my arms around him still sobbing.

It looked like he was drained from his usual energy. He was injured, the robber probably tried to kill him, but why?

I picked him up, put him in his cat carrier, and went to the vet.

There were not that many people in the vet so I could get Ash to the veterinarian soon.

"Ash?" The vet said popping their head out from behind a door.

"Yeah." I said and went back with them.

The vet examined him looking all over. "What happened?" The vet asked.

"A robber came into my house and tried to kill him, I don't know why though, and I don't even know who the robber was." I said.

"Hmm..." They said looking focused on examining Ash.

"It looks like he has a broken leg, and a fractured jaw." The vet said to me setting down their tool they were using.

"Oh, will it heal on its own, or does he have to go to surgery?" I asked.

"He has to go to surgery, it'll be about... six hundred dollars." They said.

"I don't have that much, and my mom won't pay for it." I said.

"Well, we don't have to go to surgery soon, we can wait until you have enough money, just take him with you everywhere and don't let him jump down from anywhere. We'll put a cast on his leg, but we can't do anything about his jaw right now. The cast is about thirty dollars, do you have that much?" They asked.

"Yeah." I said pulling out a twenty and ten dollar bill.

"Thank you, I'll take him back and get a cast on his leg." The vet said.

"Okay." They said and took Ash back.

I waited for about fifteen minutes then the vet came back with ash in a purple cast, it went well with his blackish-gray fur.

I went back home with Ash in the front seat of the car, where was I gonna get six thousand dollars? I would probably have to skip some school to go to my job and get more money.

That night I fed Ash his food with a little bit of water in it so it wouldn't bother is jaw much and went to sleep with Ash next to me.

"Wren! Come downstairs!" My mom yelled at me.

"Coming!" It was a weekend, I was happy because I could work more on the weekends.

I headed downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen with a man. "Who's this?" I asked her.

"My boyfriend, Pat." She said putting her hand on Pat's shoulder.

"Yup." He said and kissed my mom, I turned my head the other way.

Ash tried to come down the stairs, I caught him as he fell.

"Aww, a cat." Pat said coming closer to Ash.

"He's hurt, careful." I said.

"Okay." He said and picked Ash up.

Ash liked him. "Okay, why did you want me down here." I said as Pat put Ash down.

"I'm making dinner." She said.

"Really, I-" she cut me off with a stare. "Can't imagine what your going to make."

"What are you making Junn?" Pat asked my mom.

"Spaghetti." My mother said.

"Okay." I said.

I took Ash out on a walk, I held him of course. I noticed someone was following, so I went home.

Who would have possibly been following me? I didn't know.

I went to the dining room that was dusty because we never ate there, and sat down across from my mom.

"How is it?" My mom asked Pat and I.

"Delicious." Pat said smiling at my mom.

"Yeah." I said picking at the tomatoes that weren't crushed up.

When I was done eating Is went upstairs and watched a movie on my T.V..

I was still wondering who had followed me, and who tried to kill Ash, I had no idea who would do that.

I looked out my window, I don't know why, I just did. And out my window I saw Blake.

I knew who tried to kill Ash.