"Does Leo and Finley cook veggies?" I ask as I put some groceries.

"Veggies?" Nellie asks from the counter where she sat colouring with Amelia. Amelia and I laugh.

"Well whatever the you daddy says and Finley, veggies are good for you" Amelia says.

"What are your favourite veggies?" Nellie asks.

"Mine are carrots with some sauce"Amelia says. Nellie looks up at me.

"Mine are cauliflower"I smile as I wave the bag of cauliflower.

"It's white!" She smiles. I nod.

"When I was a little girl like you, my mom use to roast these and they were very very good" I nod.

"Can I try?" She asks.

"With the ham and cheese croissants?" Amelia asks. She nods enthusiastically.

I laugh "okay if you'd like"

"I like"Nellie nods again.

"What a weird combination"Amelia says looking at me. I shrug.

"Kids eat the weirdest things I guess"I laugh.

Surprisingly Nellie loved the cauliflower which was a shocker to Amelia and I. As I got Nellie ready for bed, a shower and book too Amelia cleaned up the kitchen.

"Goodnight Nell"I whisper as I close her bedroom door slowly and quietly.

"Over my years of babysitting experience, she is the easiest kid I've ever"I chuckle. My best friend smiles at me.

"So have you heard anything from the boys?" She asks as I join her at the sink. We had decided to make some cupcakes after dinner as a dessert.

"No, nothing"I sigh "I called Leo once more while we were decorating and it went straight to voicemail"

"Well they are doing a new case and you know how serious they take their cases" she says.

"I know and that's the problem, I'm just worried now because they have Nellie with them"I sigh. She gives me a tight smile and we do the dishes in silent.

Amelia left an hour later considering she had to wake up early for her shift tomorrow, I stayed  back considering Nellie couldn't be left alone. I was curled up on their couch, with some Netflix on a moderate volume not wanting to wake Nellie up.

You could say I was practically asleep when the front door open and I jumped awake, sitting up slowly. Leo comes in sighing loudly.

"Hey beautiful"He smiles, shrugging off his jacket. I smile tiredly.

"Hi"

"You didn't have to wait"he says, walking over to me as he ran a hand by his hair.

"Are you kidding? You have a daughter now"I chuckle. He sits down and stares into space for a second.

"Right"he shakes his head. I chuckle and kiss his cheek. "Woah, hey I've had a rough day, I expect a better kiss"He whines as he places his fingers on my chin.

"Okay, just because you've had a rough day"I muse. He smirks as he leans forward and kisses me.

"Are you staying over?" He asks, leaning back on the couch.

"Yea I'm to tired to go home"I nod.

"Okay well you can shower first because I'm starving"He sighs.

"Have you not eaten all day?" I ask.

"Will you be mad if I said I hadn't?"

"I might"