Chapter 5

Chris 

It's a Friday night and Milo, his boyfriend Mason, and I are all hanging out in my dorm room.

"So guys, do you want to have some fun tonight?" Milo asks looking at his phone.

Mason yells yes and I look at him like he's crazy. Lying on my bed doing homework and trying to get it done, but now since I didn't answer the question that both boys are staring at me. I stop what I was writing and look at them. They look at each other than back at me. I shake my head and just go along with them.

"We should go to the party that everyone is going to be at, and Chris stop what you're doing girl because you're coming too." He says getting all excited and jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store. I stop and watch him do his own thing. Parties are definitely not my thing. I don't drink, and I definitely don't have anything to wear for one. I push up my glasses up and get back to doing my homework, that is until Milo jumps on my bed and ruins all my neatly stacked work.

"Milo, what are you doing? This is due next Tuesday and I need to get it done."

He looks at me with a challenging look, and I have a feeling that I know what he is saying when I start shaking my head no, and then he's shaking his yes.

"No absolutely not, I'm not going to some party that I wasn't invited too." I say as I get up from my messy bed of papers. I know I wont be able to finish my homework with them here, so I give up.

I stood there in the middle of the room I'm looking at these to boys and we are all looking at each other in the silence of the room. Before I know it I'm making a run for it, and run and go to the library where I know I won't be bothered. I get caught by Mason blocking the door of the dorm room. Its like they know exactly what I was thinking, and when i turn around Milo is standing from the bed.

"Chris please go to the party with us. We won't even leave your side, and your junior there's no reason to be a sheltered person. You need to grow some girly balls and get the fuck up in this world and show people who you are." Milo says.

"Milo, it's not my thing, I'm not a party person and we can clearly see im not made for an appearance." I say pointing at my ripped up leggings and big shirt that was my brothers. I have my hair in a messy blob on the top of my head and last but not least I point to my glasses. That's when I know I got myself in trouble with them looking at each other like they already have a plan in set.

"Mason, go to her closet and pick something out she has there. Knowing her she's hiding all of the nice close in the back or in something like the pink tote." he says while grabbing my hand and leading me to the bathroom. He takes my glasses off and everything becomes blurry, but I can still see okay, and that's when I feel the tug of the hair tie that was holding my messy hair up is gone. He is playing with my hair and then he asks where and if I have makeup. I told him yes and then pointed to the teal makeup bag under the sink. That's when he squeals like he saw a ghost.

"Girl, you have all this expensive ass makeup and yet you don't use it?" He asks. All I can do is shrug my shoulders, my sister got the makeup for me so I never touched any of it, while he is digging in the makeup bag and getting all sorts of things out on the counter, he looks under the sink and finds my wound that I only used once and that was for a funeral. He plugs it in and wait for it to heat up.

Within an hour of feeling wet sponges and cream on my face I am nervous. Milo has already curled my hair and now is putting finishing touches of my makeup on. That is until Mason comes into the opening of the bathroom. He is holding a couple of outfits that I have never seen before, or at least knew I had. Milo puts what he had in his hands down and looks through the close and gasps when he sees something he likes. After everything is done, I get to put my contacts in and see this version of myself in the mirror. As I walk up to mirror in heels I gasp when I see myself. Im wearing a gold shimmery sweater with the shoulders cut out and it came down to mid thigh. It was paired with my favorite black leggings and open toe beige heels. My makeup looks like i don't even know what I look like without it on. He literally changed my whole person. I'm so focused on myself in the mirror that when Mason and Milo clap their hands, I am back to reality.