2

We drove for a while, and we finally got to the house. It was about 3 towns over. And this party was insane. There must've been over 100 people at this party. 

There were people passed out in the front yard, a girl throwing up in the garbage can, and a couple making out on the sidewalk. Where's the dignity of some people?

"Belly, I can't do this. You said it wasn't going to be that big. There's a million people here!" I said looking at the house with a worried expression. 

"Emily, you can do this! You NEED to do this!" She started dragging me to the front door and she pushed me inside with her behind me. 

The house was full of flashing lights, and I could smell the alcohol as if it were right under my nose. I tried to tell Belly that I didn't think it was a good idea, but the music was so loud she couldn't hear me. We made our way to the kitchen to get some drinks. Belly got Coke and Vodka, while I just settled with my water. 

"Damn, girl. Bring your fine ass over here." 

I turned around to see two boys looking at...me. I've never gotten this kind of attention before, but Belly sure has. 

"Fuck off, creeps" Belly said rolling her eyes as she dragged me into the living room. 

I sat on the couch. I was stuck between a girl that was passed out with drool pouring out of her mouth, and a boy and girl sticking each other's tongues down the others throat. I looked around to find Belly, and she was no where to be seen. Of course. She probably went off with her boyfriend, Mitchell. 

I looked around at the room, taking it all in. That's when I saw him. 

He was standing across the room with another boy. He was tall. He looked strong, but not too muscular. He had brown, shaggy hair. From what I could see, I think he had green eyes. He laughed with his friend, and his smile was perfect. I could've looked at him for the rest of the night. 

That's when I felt something on my dress. Someone dancing spilled their drink on me. 

"Oh shit! I'm sorry!" 

I looked to see if he had seen. He had. He was looking straight at me. 

"It's okay. Really."

I felt embarrassed. As if it was my fault that I had a drink spilled on me. I ran up the stairs to try to find a bathroom. This hallway had at least 12 different doors. I tried the first door on the left, and the door was locked. I tried the next one, and heard loud moaning coming from inside. I decided that wasn't the bathroom. I finally found the bathroom, and walked in. I looked around for a wash cloth, and I put warm water on it so I could try to get the alcohol smell out. That's when the door opened.

It was him. The boy with the shaggy brown hair. 

"Hey, are you okay? You looked kind of bewildered down there."

His voice was perfect. It was deep, but not too deep. His eyes were definitely green. I suddenly started to get nervous. Why was this happening? I didn't know the guy. 

"Yeah. I'm okay." I smiled shyly.

"I'm Luke. Do you need any help with that? It looks like your first time trying to get beer out of clothing." He smirked and chuckled.

"Yeah. I have no idea what I'm doing." I laughed nervously. 

Why was he noticing me? I'm invisible to everyone. 

He sat on the edge of the tub, his leg almost touching my leg. He looked up at me, and smiled. After about 5 minutes, he got the putride smell out. He reached under the sink and got out a hair dryer, and started to dry my dress off. 

"Is this your first party?" Every word he said was like silk. 

"Is it that obvious?" I started to blush. 

"A little." He smirked.  

He asked me about where I went to school, and about just me in general. 

Before I knew it, it was 3 in the morning, and we were sitting on the floor laughing and talking like we'd known each other for years. He looked me in the eyes, I kept his gaze. He started to lean in, and that's when I got a text from Belly.

"Emmmiiiiillllyyyyyyy. where r u?! i'm getting tired. u ready to go?"

"Oh, I've got to go." I said frowning at my phone. 

"Oh.. well can I get your number? I like talking to you."

He wanted to talk to me more?

I gave him my number. But I didn't ask for his. I didn't want to have the power of texting him first. Because he would probably go to sleep and forget about me. 

I started to walk out.

"Wait!" I turned around. 

"You never told me your name!"

"Emily. My name is Emily." I smiled. 

"Emily.. Good night." He looked at me in a way I'd never been looked at before, and I felt a feeling I'd never felt before. 

I turned around, and walked out. I was barely out of the bathroom when I heard Luke repeating my name. 

"Emily. Emily. Emily. Damn."

My ears blushed as I made my way to my car. 

"I'm in the car waiting."

I thought about what happened the past 3 hours while I waiting for Belly. He noticed me. He actually noticed me. Was it because I was dressed nice and had make up on? This was definitely a great night. I kept thinking and smiling to myself until the car door broke me out of my thoughts. 

"Em! Where were you all night?! I was worried. but I figured you let loose and started to have fun."

"Yeah, it was alright. I made a friend named Lu-"

She had already fallen asleep. 

I drove home with only my thoughts of that night keeping me company.