“Kinda short, juicy lips, always rocking cornrow braids.” She described.

            “I don’t think I remember a Kelly.” Candace said raking her brain for a face.

            “Does it matter? If you guys would walk faster then you’d see who he was.” Marie impatiently said, at the door to the school gym.

            “That boy ain’t going anywhere. The game doesn’t end for another twenty minutes.” Madison said, walking a bit slower.

            Marie walked over to them and pulled them all into the gym. Despite her tiny appearance she was a strong girl. When they got into the gym the basketball players were taking a break. Carnell looked over to the door and smiled at her. She instantly blushed waving back. There was a whistle coming from the home side of the gym.

            “If you would stop flirting and get your butt over here!” Shouted one of Marie’s best friends, Lindsay.

            The girls ran over to their regular crew. All eyes were on Candace and Rebecca.

            “Y’all don’t remember my cousins from the Chi?” Marie asked all the confused looks.

            Sean looked closer at them. “That is not lil Rebecca,” He said in disbelief. “You all grown up. And look at Candace. Damn you look good, girl. Where my hugs at?”

            “Aww, baby.” Madison said hugging him.

            “Um, I love you and all baby, but I was talking about them.” He said.

            She stopped hugging him and sat on the bleachers crossed-armed. “I ain’t want to hug you anyway.”

            Rebecca was the first to hug him then Candace. The rest of them sat there just staring.

            “Well, since y’all lames wanna just sit there and be rude,” Marie began, “I’ll make the introductions. Candace, Rebecca this is,” She took in a deep breath. “Dustin, Sierra, Kelly, Patrick, Lindsay, Bryan, Darius, Asia, Chris, Skylar, Myles, Tori, Justin, Mia, and … Kelly where your hoe at?”

            “We broke up.” He stated.

            “Again?” Lindsay asked.

            They all started laughing. Kelly and his girl, Nicole had an on and off relationship. No one in the clique really liked her, especially the girls since they all thought she was a hoe. Kelly would always say, “You guys don’t know her like I do.” But they knew all they needed to know about her.

            “Haha, shut up.” He said getting irritated.

            “It’s not really a loss. I mean you could do so much better.” Marie said, her eyes glued to Carnell.

            Madison looked at Candace. Though Candace seemed to have forgotten who he was she remembered how good they got along the last time she was in California.

            “Yeah, like-”

            She was cut off by the loud roaring off the crowd. Carnell stole the ball from the other team and was now dribbling it down the court. There was a sort of big dude blocking his way. Carnell passed it to his teammate who passed it back to him. They passed it back and forth with the big guy in the middle. The team created that move ironically called “monkey in the middle”. When they were by the goal, his teammate passed the ball back to him. Carnell made a jump shot and scored a buzzer beater. The crowd really went wild then. He looked over at Marie and mouthed, “For you.” He blew a kiss at her.