.--Chapter 2

Marie made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen where her aunt and uncle were packing their plates and things into the cupboards. She gave them her famous innocent smiles.

            “Hello, there Marie,” her aunt hugged her tightly. “How have you been?”

            “Living, laughing, and loving.” She answered.

            “Loving who?” Her uncle questioned.

            She heard Madison whisper Carnell’s name and the girls began to giggle. She shot them all a quick ‘shut up’ glance and turned her attention back to her uncle with a smile.

            “My family and friends, of course.” Marie said.

“Uh huh,” Her uncle said. “So what was up with all that screaming? I told y’all they were easily scared.”

            “You knew they were up there?” Candace questioned.

            “A little heads up would’ve helped.” Rebecca added.

            “I thought it would’ve been a pleasant surprise.” Regina said.

            “Pleasant my fanny. I almost had a hard attack.” Candace crossed her arms.

            “So what are you girls up to?” Regina asked, purposely ignoring her daughter’s comment to anger her a bit more.

            “That’s exactly what we came here for,” Marie said. “There’s a game going on at my school and seeing as how they will be starting there next Monday I thought they’d like to go. You know, meet some of my friends and I’d show them around the school.”

            Regina smiled. “That seems like a great idea. Don’t you think, Joshua?”

            Her uncle simply nodded his head.

            “Be back before it’s too dark.” Regina said.

            The girls said their byes and were out the door.

            “So how are we gonna be getting to school Monday?” Asked Rebecca.

            Marie and Madison smiled at each other. “Bus.” They answered in unison.

            “The bus?” Candace questioned in disgust.

            “Yep, but our bus is crunk. Though we have cars we sometimes prefer to be on the bus.” Madison said. "Plus we're in a recession, girl. Gas is way to expensive."

            “I’ll pick you guys up when we don’t ride the bus.” Marie said.

            They walked for another ten minutes –taking a shortcut brought up by Marie- before getting to the campus of Alexander Hamilton High. Marie wore a big smile on her face entering the building. The girls laughed at her happy-go-lucky ass.

            “Do you guys know where y’all lockers at?” Madison asked.

            “Um, yeah. Mine is 247B.” Rebecca said.

            “362D.” Said Candace.

            “That’s right next to Kelly, ain’t it?” Marie asked.

            “Yeah. Kelly, can show you to your locker, Monday.” Madison said.

            “Kelly, who?” Candace asked.