iii

Aesop held onto your hand lovingly as you waited for the rest of your team along with the hunter to arrive. Oddly taking up more time than necessary.

"Whats taking them so long?" You chuckled, the male next to you shrugging his shoulders while playing with the dust of the old table.

"Maybe theyre having trouble choosing who out of the newbies will come today." He suggested.

As soon as the words left his lips though, the door was swung open. Emily, norton and joseph walking in. You couldn't even bite back the giggle that escaped at the death glare that Joseph and Aesop were giving each other.

"Sorry were late." Emily smiled sheepishly. "We had a bit of trouble choosing who would come today out of the newcomers."

Aesop leaned into your ear with a triumphant smile, well what you could guess was a smile by the way his eyes creased. "Told you."

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Joseph sighed, avoiding eye contact with your white haired boyfriend as you all nodded. "Alright then, good luck."

Thankfully, Norton was a kiter. And a good one at that. He saved both you and Emily countless times after figuring out that Joseph's plan was to catch the slower ones before going after kiters.

However, with each passing save, he became more and more restless. Pushing you and Emily out of the way before you both would get hit. You were thankful, having missed a few couple terror shocks thanks to him. But soon, your gratefulness turned into annoyance once he begun shoving you and Emily far harder than needed.

Just like now.

You were still a couple feet away from Joseph. Though he was close, he wasn't close enough to attack you, which is why it confused you when Norton tackled you to the ground. Your knees skidded on the ground of the abandoned town, the action making you, and surprisingly Norton which you brushed off as him getting his own injuries, hiss out in pain. But instead of saving you from an attack, that slowed you down as Joseph was now standing right in front of you. But the sight of blood stopped him from doing any moves as he cautiously approached you who laid dead on the ground under the weight of the dark haired male on top of you.

"Are you two Alright?" The hunter asked worriedly, placing down his weapons before assisting the male to his feet, soon coping his actions with you.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Norton mumbled, inspecting his knees that oddly enough were intact, his pants completely fine with no rips or blood.

You let out a whimper of pain as Joseph stood you up, the blood that cascaded from your exposed knee, curtesy of the dress you wore, down to your shoes.

Joseph cringed at the sight, never having been too good with blood himself. So, cupping his hands over his mouth, he called for the ones he knew would be able to help you best.

Thankfully they were chosen for this round.

"EMILY! AESOP! Y/N'S HURT!" He hollered, only having to wait a couple of seconds until the beautiful brunette came running towards your location.

"Goodness!" She gasped, speeding up to sit you down on some barrels before inspecting the damage. "What happened?"

Just as Joseph began to explain, a very worried Aesop came running from a building. His eyes fixated on you. Though as soon as they traveled to Joseph, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You went too rough!" He pointed an accusing finger at the pale man who scoffed.

"Me?!" He exclaimed, moving the pointed hand towards the dark haired male who silently watched everything unfold. "You mean him! He's the one that came tackling her over when it wasn't even necessary. I wasn't even close enough to hit her!" He defended.

Emily let her brown treasures travel to the male as she raised a brow.

"Norton, we appreciate you helping us escape Joseph but please remember that sometimes too much can hurt us more than the actual hunter." She lectured the male whom only rolled his eyes angrily.

"Alright, yeah." He nodded. "I'll keep that in mind so next match I don't even have to save you all." He sneered.

Your brows furrowed in annoyance, only two conversations with him and you already had more than enough with his shitty attitude.

"What the hell is your problem dude?" You growled, surprising your three friends whom had yet to hear you swear like that. "I don't know what your deal is but I hope you know that this game is about teamwork, it's about keeping our team safe and sound while working on the way out. If you can't work with us properly without hurting us to the point where we need to stop the game then you should leave."

Norton stared back at you, his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes shared the same amount of annoyance and anger as yours.

"It's not my fault you're slow. Learn how to run and then we won't have a problem." He snickered.

Aesop growled at the male, clenching his fists shut as he held back his tongue from starting a fight. Alas, you beat him to it. Much to his amusement.

"Did you not hear me before?! Maybe we need to cut that ugly patch of hair of your because it's blocking your ears! This game is about teamwork, it's not just you or everyone who can run fast. It's about the entire team! Some of us can decode the machines faster while some of us can save the others while some can outrun the hunter!" You angrily spat back.

The male growled before turning his back to you, waving you off as he walked off towards the exit gate.

"Whatever, just open the damn gate so I can get away from you." He muttered.

Aesop glared at his back, Emily rolling her eyes in annoyance before turning to help you stand. Turning towards Joseph whom was already punching in the code to open the doors for you all.

"Thank you." You said softly to the hunter whom softly smiled at you once putting in all the numbers.

Aesop held onto your hand protectively.

"It's no problem, just get well so we can verse each other again soon." He smiled, watching from the corner of his eyes how the dark haired male walked out without a care in the world. "Maybe a match without him so we can play properly." He finished with a chuckle.

You nodded your head in agreement, waving him a sweet goodbye as your boyfriend and personal doctor assisted you in walking back to the manor.

They would surely have a long talk with Norton once at the dining table with everyone.