An uptick formed at the corner of his mouth, but his tone remained even. "How many times must I say this?" He slackened his expression. "You're just bad at hiding your feelings."

"Your face says it all," he added when Ouka squinted at him.

"I can't help but think of those evil guys." Ouka went to sit at the shrine staircase. She hugged her knees together and laid her chin on them as she stared emptily at nothing. "And Adolla Burst."

"Well, now you don't. Because I'm here," Benimaru came to sit beside her. "Anytime your mind gets sidetracked by trifling stuff, I'll smack you back to reality."

Ouka reacted with a dry smile. "Sounds like you're babysitting a pathetic woman who does nothing but feel mopey all day."

"That might be true to some degree," Benimaru retorted. "But don't call yourself pathetic. You're not the type who gets mopey for petty reasons."

They sat in silence after that, staring into the distance. Benimaru broke the silence first by giving her a sidelong glance. "Is it because of the chaos a couple of days ago?"

Ouka blinked without realizing it as if Benimaru's assumption was correct. "I finally found the people behind my father's death. Not to mention that I possess something that our enemies want," she mumbled discouragingly.

"You're sad?" Benimaru implied.

"No. I'm furious at them."

"Don't be mad."

"Very helpful advice."

Their eyes met each other before Benimaru looked away first. He propped his elbow on his thigh and leaned his chin on his palm. "I wish Konro's here... He has a way with words that sometimes bring comfort to people."

His face was inscrutable, but Ouka managed to read him from his intonation. Her lips parted into a grin. "Now, now. Talking to you is still a good therapy for me." She bumped her shoulder against his in a friendly gesture.

"Uh-huh," Benimaru murmured.

Ouka cackled softly. "It's the truth!" She pulled herself up and brushed dirt off her hikeshi suit.

"Alright, I want to get back to dancing practice."

"See you later. I'll let you dance alone in peace." Benimaru was about to make his leave when Ouka interfered.

"Perhaps you can stay if you want," she suggested. "Just don't make any noise while I'm dancing. Yeah, you may leave too. Feel free to decide."

"I'll stay for a while." Benimaru finalized his decision in three seconds. He then returned to the shrine staircase to sit there.

Asahanada Shrine was packed with the citizens of Asakusa eager to watch the Maiden of Asahanada dancing to Hanaboshi. The sacred dance acted as a farewell ritual to multiple people who turned into Infernals at the same time. Everybody had been anticipating it in order to pay tribute to the dead. It was supposed to take place the day after the chaos with Company 8, but sadly the Maiden of Asahanada herself was bedridden.

Homare Ouka was specially-dressed for the ceremonious night. She tied her black hair into a traditional Japanese bun that is held by three long golden needles, composed by a long red ribbon which formed a five-petal flower. Her kimono was white overlapped by a dark purple one with flower petal motifs. They were tied together neatly with a big maroon bow which has white borders and covered with an embroidered ruby red robe flowing down to her feet. To add some glow to her face, she wore light pink shadow and cherry lipstick. The touch of red on her style tonight complemented her emerald green eyes in an elegant way.