Chapter 2

After a luscious dinner made by Ouka, both Company 7 and 8 went outside to chill out. The weather was nice in addition to the brilliant starry sky and a quieter Asakusa at night.

Ouka didn't join the others as she stayed inside to check on Konro's health condition, then deciding to call it a day.

She was enjoying a hot bath when a loud explosive sound from outside shook her. She wasted no time leaving the bathtub and put on her clothes to see what happened.

"What's going on?" Ouka barked as soon as she stepped out of the HQ doorway. A hikeshi informed her that an explosion happened somewhere in the town, and Company 8 already headed toward it.

Ouka took a few steps forward, her sight fixated on the smoke billowing in the distance.

That flame is... She clicked her tongue in irritation before giving an instruction to the hikeshi. "You guys inform the situation to Konro. I'll go check things out."

"Wait."

Ouka stopped short and turned around to see Konro behind her. All colors drained from his face as he struggled to keep himself on his feet, holding on to the door pane.

"Konro..."

"I'm fine, Ouka. Just bring me with you. I need to see to this matter as well."

Ouka was reluctant to let him go due to his bad condition, but she couldn't bring herself to refuse as she felt his determination and concern for everyone's safety.

A heavy sigh escaped from her mouth. "Alright then." She held out her hand at Konro.

On the other hand, Benimaru and Company 8 were fighting against each other due to a huge misunderstanding. The explosion earlier was caused by Benimaru, who tried to attack Obi and Hinawa after he overheard their conversation. He was enraged by the fact that they both were the ones who turned Kantaro into an Infernal—Or at least that was what he heard.

"Why would somebody who knows the terror of flames gratuitously turn Kantaro into an Infernal?' Benimaru called Obi out.

"I'm telling you, there's been some kind of mistake!" Obi replied, his voice sharp with urgency.

A few matoi covered in flame flew out of nowhere and darted at Obi, as if they were giant bullets controlled by Benimaru's 2nd Generation ability.

"I clearly saw you! There can be no mistake!"

The brawl between two Special Fire Force captains went on, until Konro and Ouka finally arrived to settle things down.

"What in the world is all this ruckus?" Konro demanded.

"Word is that the 8th folks are the ones who changed Kantaro into an Infernal," Hikage told him nonchalantly.

"Waka snapped and started this huge fight," Hinata added. The twins exchanged gleeful looks between themselves.

Both Konro and Ouka found it hard to process what was happening. They hadn't known Company 8 for long, but they did develop a bit of trust in them. The 8th squad didn't just help Company 7 to repair all the ruined buildings this evening, they also respected the beliefs of Asakusa people and their bizarre way of dealing with Infernals. Their personalities also seemed to be nice and genuine, especially to Konro since he was the person in Company 7 who interacted the most with them.

"You won't go down without a full-fledged attack, huh?" Benimaru's expression turned grim as he backed away from Obi. "Then I'm done playing around." He shifted his stance, preparing to launch one of his pyrokinesis skills.