Chapter 6 - Nothing Left To Chance

Start from the beginning

Jennie looker to the rest of the group. "Well, I have 25 minutes to track down and kiss a very gorgeous tall chipmunk."

Lisa pointed to the school, still somewhat confused. "She's already in school, aren't you worried about her getting away?"

Jennie shook her head. "No, because she's going to find that certain doors and gates have suddenly mysteriously locked. She's not going anywhere I don't have want her to."

But Seulgi pointed to the open parking lot. "What if she ran that way?"

Jennie then pointed to a huge muscle bound man standing at the corner of the parking lot. "That man there is Todd Hall former defensive tackle for the Oakland Raiders football team. I hired him to make sure that Chaeyoung doesn't escape that way. He's been to the super bowl twice and is very good at what he does; stopping people from getting past him "

"But she's still running," Jisoo pointed out.

"She won't be for long," Jennie said as she sent a text.

With that, Jennie walked slowly in the direction that Chaeyoung had gone o my a few moments earlier. As she casually strolled towards the school, Jennie could be heard singing part of an old song by The Police.

Oh can't you see

You belong to me

My poor heart aches

With every step you take

Meanwhile Chaeyoung was running through the school. Part of her wanted to run, the other part didn't want to. Thought's of the Jennie and how wonderful she felt about the girl was slowly filling her head. The conflict within herself was frustrating her.

Adding to her frustration was the fact that somehow many of the security gates in school were suddenly down and locked. They were gates that pulled out from the walls that blocked access to certain parts of the school. They were only locked at night. But somehow they were in place. Chaeyoung noticed that most of the doors were now locked. Chaeyoung knew Jennie was behind this, but had no idea how she managed to do it.

Her phone chimed with a text. Her heart leap when she saw it was from none other than the Devil Woman. But Chaeyoung suppressed the feeling and read it.

I really do love you, baby girl. My feelings are real. It was a simple, heartfelt message. Not something Chaeyoung thought Jennie would say, but she knew it was true.

The part of Chaeyoung that resisted was mostly out of fear. She kept moving down the hallway and came to another down gate. As she went the other way she heard the distant clicking of Jennie's combat boots echoing down the corridor.

Jennie just calmly walked down the path that she knew Chaeyoung would take; the only path that was open to her.

Chaeyoung knew now that Jennie, after overhearing the conversation yesterday. Planned all of this to set her up. To trap her. Judging by all the locked doors and gates, she figured Jennie took no chances. Though she found herself oddly impressed by Jennie's thoroughness.

She cares for me. Chaeyoung found herself thinking. The thing was that the feelings she was experiencing were real. Just as real as any other feeling she had ever felt.