A single tear drop ran down my cheek. "No don't cry Thaddeus! Look on the bright side; at least you got to see him one last time!" I said, trying to cheer myself up. I wiped my cheek with my shirts sleeve. Man, all I ever do is cry! I should learn to man up one of these days.

A gust of wind came through the open window, causing me to shiver on my seat. I glanced out the window. The moon was already out and the stars were shining brightly in the sky. "What time is it?" I asked myself before looking down at my wristwatch. Wow, it's already midnight…well I don't have school tomorrow so I shouldn't worry. I stood up from my chair and walked towards the window. I watched the tree's rustle in the wind one more time before shutting my window. I close the blinds and walked back to my bed. I sat on the edge of it and sighed. "I hope… I wish that… I…" I started, not really knowing what I wanted to say at the moment, but one thing's for sure. I don't want Slender man to hate me like the others, I want to be his friend. I want to have someone I can trust. I want… "…I want to see him."

…Thaddeus… I jumped at the sound of my name. I looked around in the darkness. Was that my imagination? Thaddeus… the voice said again in a hush tone.

"Slender M-Man?" I stuttered as I pushed myself against the wall and tried my best to look through the darkness. Was that Slender Man, or did the Wendigo figure out where I live and who I am? I gasped when I saw a figure move very close towards my face, just like when the Wendigo was reaching out towards me with its paws. I faced my head away and clenched my eyes shut. "Please, don't hurt me," I pleaded, silently praying that Slender Man would come to my rescue again.

I jumped when its cold fingers brushed against my cheek. Fear not my kitten; it is I, the tall man,

I gasped in surprise and looked back towards the figure in front of me. "S-Slender Man?" I asked again. The lights then switch on and I gasped once I saw the suited man hovering over me. He nods his head in response to my question and gently cups my cheek. "W-Why are you h-ere?" I asked in a whisper, keeping my gaze away from his face and my head tilted away from his hand. My chest tightens fearfully of what he might say or do. Did he come here to tell me in person that he hates me and never wants to see me again, or did he come to make fun of me for thinking we could have been friends?

I'm not here to harm you child, I came to apologize, he says. He then placed his free hand on my other cheek and gently forced me to face him, in an attempt to make me look at him, but I kept my eyes averted from him. I'm afraid to face him at the moment. Thaddeus, forgive me for my outburst. I was afraid the Wendigo would harm you, so my anger got the best of me. I didn't mean to hurt you child. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? He pleads as he brushed my hair behind my ear.

I glanced up at his pale face. Above the crease of where his eyebrows should be were furrowed, making him look as if he was sincerely sorry. "O-okay," I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat. "Y-you don't hate me?" I asked, hoping to God that he would give me the answer I wanted to hear.

A low chuckle erupts from the tall man's throat, causing me to blush. My kitten, I would never hate you. I wasn't lying when I said I'll protect you, he says.

My lips broke out into a smile. "Really? I'm so glad!" I laughed, feeling tears of relief and joy run down my cheeks, "I was s-so scared that y-you hated me, I'm so glad you don't!"

Thaddeus… Slender man starts as one of his appendages wraps itself around my waist. I gasped when I was suddenly hoisted up and carried towards slender man's chest. He wraps his arms around my small frame and says …do not doubt me Thaddeus. All I wish is to see you smile and live happily. I don't want you to live a life full of fear and sadness. I nodded my head, listening to the rhythm of his smooth beating heart. So he is alive! He isn't a like the walking dead then. That's a relief! Indeed I am very much alive as you are my kitten, Slender Man chuckles.