Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

I just nodded. "Yes, that's it. Thanks Tara," I said as she quickly walked off, leaving me laughing at my table. She was pretty funny. I don't understand why we've never talked before. It was so easy to talk to her. 

Suddenly a flash of red velvet hair and big brown eyes filled my mind and I suddenly remembered her. She had beautiful tanned skin and long, lean legs. She was bubbly and fun and Zoe's best friend and only competition as she used to tell me. Her hair was long, thick and the colour of those delicious cupcakes. 

I grinned when I felt a mug slipped into my waiting hands. "Thanks, cupcake," I said with a chuckle. 

~Melody~

"Strike! Oh, Melody, take that!"

I groaned as Skipper scored another strike, knocking me down to second place. We were only halfway through the game, and I was already sick of playing. "What? Oh, that is so not fair!" I said, standing up and chasing my sister around the building. When I caught her, she let out a shrill shriek and everyone around us watched in amusement. "Don't mess with me, squirt."

She frowned and I laughed, setting her back on her feet. As she turned to walk away, I messed her hair and laughed as she scowled at me. She hated when I did that. It made her feel younger than she actually was.

I stood over by the snack bar as Skipper walked over to the lane to take Stacey's turn for her. I grimaced when she scored another strike. My parents hugged her, and she smirked over their shoulders at me. I stuck my tongue out and sat down on a stool, continuously snacking on the popcorn that was sitting in a stainless steel bowl. 

Suddenly, Chelsea ran over to me, jumping right into my lap. "What are you doing all the way over here?" she asked, playing with a strand of my hair. I grinned and pulled her small fingers away, holding her hand in mine. "It's almost your turn again," she exclaimed, pointing at the scoreboard.

I grinned. "I'm going to take a break. Why don't you go for me, kiddo?" I said, placing her back on the ground, lightly shoving her in the direction of the lane. She squealed excitedly and ran to take my turn. 

I was about to take another handful of popcorn, when I heard a familiar voice call my name from across the room. I turned my head to see Tara, my friend from Spanish walking over to me, a big smile plastered on her face. I stood up and enveloped her in a hug. 

"Hey you," I said as we pulled away from each other."What are you doing here? And why are you dressed so nice?" I asked, taking in her cute white shorts and over the shoulder black crop top over a green tank. It perfectly matched her green converse. Her hair was up in a pretty ponytail, and she had a glow about her, as if she was on a date. 

She blushed. "Oh, I came here with someone."

I knew it. "Who is it? Come on, I can keep a secret," I said, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She blushed even deeper. I was suddenly really interested in knowing who he was. I looked around the room until my eyes landed on Jesse, sitting at a table near the far left lane. "Oh great, what is he doing here?" I said coldly, even though my heart fluttered at the perfect sight of him in tattered jeans and a tight fitting black long sleeve shirt.

Tara looked over her shoulder and visibly paled when she realized who I was talking about. "Oh, Jesse? I thought you two were like friends now..." she said, trailing off as she chewed on her bottom lip. "I mean, that's what I heard?" 

I shook my head. "No. Not anymore. I still want to know what he's doing here," I said, peering over her shoulder at him again. He turned his head in our direction. If he could've been able to see, I swear he would've been looking right at me. But he simply took another sip of his soda and my jaw clenched, as I looked back at my friend. 

"Er, he's my date?" she said it more like a question, as if she was afraid I would blow up. All I could do was blink and reply what she said in my head a million times. He's my date. He's her date. Jesse is Tara's date. They're dating. 

I let out a loud sigh, as if clearing my entire mind. "Oh. Well, um, I should probably just go. Don't let me spoil your... fun." I walked away before she could say anything else, and quickly went to join my family.  Chelsea came running up to me, looking more than a little bit guilty, especially when she said, "You lost."

I looked up at the scoreboard to see that my name was in fact at the bottom of the list, with several splits and gutter balls. I grimaced. "That's alright, kiddo. You did your best," I said, ruffling her hair. She frowned and scrambled out of my arms before I could do it again. I walked over to dad and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I can't believe Skipper won," I mumbled into his chest. The vibration of his laughter made me smile.

"I remember you always used to win. Until you let Chelsea play for you," he said, ruffling my hair the same way I had to Chelsea. I pouted and he tilted my chin up before walking over to pack up our things. I took off my bowling shoes and slipped into my converse again. I hated those shoes, they gave me blisters. 

While Skipper and I were cleaning up our food, I couldn't help but turn my head in the direction of Tara and Jesse. I smiled when Tara rolled a strike. She jumped up an down, before flying into Jesse's waiting arms. My smile faltered as he twirled her around, holding her tightly. I wanted to get out of there soon. Before I saw them kiss, and I literally threw up. But not in disgust. In sympathy for myself. 

I grabbed the last of the trash, tossed in the garbage can and quickly left the bowling alley, not taking one more look at Jesse and Tara. The last thing I wanted to see was Tara kissing the guy I was in love with. The guy I was trying to get over. I mean, believe me it's not working, but I figure it will eventually. 

Except for the fact that my heart was just torn in two. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS!

Another really short upload I'm sorry! But I just love updating this story for you guys because you're all so enthusiastic about ti, and it's nice, so here you go! :D

Now what I want you all to do is predict how you think I'm going to end the story, and leave your opinions in the Comments below! Also, don't forget to Vote and if you haven't already, fan me too :) Also, I'll be uploading just the prologue of my new story very soon, so be sure to check that out :)

BYE GUYS! :D