The Missing Prince

"Rose, are you awake yet?" She heard a voice from outside, and rolled over in her bed, ignoring the sound. "Come on Rose, I know you're awake." She made an indefinable noise and rolled out of bed, pushing her plait off from her face. She had stopped bothering to unplait it at night. Singing as she went through her morning routine- washing, dressing, smoothing down the top of her hair, "tidying" (she cast a spell to make the furniture clean itself, possibly cheating, but she was lazy when it came to these things), entirely forgetting about the voice from the window.

"Rose, I know you're awake because I can hear you." She heard, and rolled her eyes, then ventured to the window.

"Oh, you're still there, are you?" She asked with mock indifference, eyebrows raised, fastening the corset on the back of her dress.

"Yes, I am, and I'm staying until you let me in." He replied, stroking Champs absent mindedly. Rosella almost growled with annoyance: she couldn't let Champs back in without giving Sepp the opportunity to enter too.

"You'll be there a long time." She said, and twirled a stray lock of hair around her finger, watching the perfect curls.

"For God's sake Rose!! Just let me in or I'll try it myself and end up knocking the whole tower down!" He snapped, and Champs hissed as he ruffled his fur the wrong way.

"Is that any way to treat a lady?" She asked, eyebrows so high they almost disappeared into her hairline.

"You always said you weren't a lady, you were just as strong and tough as any man." He said, and smiled, revealing his perfectly white teeth.

"Well maybe I changed; a lot can change in ten years." She said accusingly, and whipped around, away from the window. He could sit out there alone for all she cared, the thought to herself. But she did care, and she wasn't fooling anyone to say that she didn't.

..........................

"The Prince of Germany is missing!! Prince Josepp is missing!!" The king yelled, bustling about the palace, yelling to all his servants and family the disturbing news: the only heir to the throne was gone, his bride to be left alone in her room at the palace, weeping.

Except she was not weeping. Elena was furious. She was screeching at Queen Magda, spit flying everywhere, cheeks flame red in rage. She babbled in Spanish every few minutes, throwing her arms up in the air.

"My father! My father, the King of Spain will be furious!! Where is my betrothed?? Where is my Prince??!!" She screeched, tearing about the place, yelling at everyone in sight.

"Elena, in all due respect, I think it would be a good idea for you to retire for the night now. The king and I shall discuss the matter of the missing prince, but you must remember we are jsut as frantic as you are." Queen Magda said, as gently as she could.

"My father will be hearing about this missing prince!!! My beloved! My betrothed!!" She yelled, as she stormed up to bed.

"We're shall have to do something about this disappearance, Magda." The king said, massaginghis temples, "I don't think I can stand Elena for much longer."

...........................

"Are you going to let me in yet, Rose?" He asked again, and she growled, pulling her book away from her.

"Sepp, will you shut up! I am trying to read!!" She said, and threw her shoe outside, smiling in satisfaction when she heard a thud and a swear word.

"Rose. Please. The time for games is over. Let me in." She heard him say, rolled her eyes and threw her other shoe at him.