A Job Assignment Goes Wrong

Depuis le début

"Ah!!"

"Juro!!" Rei shouted before she rushed over to him.

"Juro! are you all right?"

"Just a little sore."

Rokuro grabbed one of the policemen with his bare hands and then he snapped his neck. 

"Dammit, there's too many of them!"

Koga said as he swung his blades at the policemen. Zen stabbed some of them with his assassin's blades but, it was still useless. Juro looked at Rei and he told him.

"Rei, take the sins and get out of here when you get the chance."

"What? No, I'm not leaving you."

"Rei, my leg is hurt and even if I did come along with you, I would slow you down. Remember what I've taught you, as a leader you have to make the necessary sacrifices."

Rei didn't want to leave Juro but, when she looked Rokuro and Keiji they both nodded their heads. Rei stood up from the ground and then she spoke in the earpiece.

"Shiro, get your butt here into the warehouse and use your smoke bombs, we're gonna need a distraction."

"Understood."

Shiro told them before he grabbed one of his smoke bombs and tear gas bombs and then he threw two smoke bombs into the warehouse and he also threw two tear gas bombs at the policemen on the outside of the warehouse. The police screamed in pain as the gas stung their eyes while the rest were coughing in the smoke bomb.

"Hurry! get to the back exit now!!"

Keiji shouted and then Rei looked at Juro one last time and then she smiled sadly.

"Thank you, for everything."

Juro smiled back at her before she ran off to catch up with the others. Juro slowly and carefully stood up from the ground and then he got one of his dynamites. He lit it up and then he smirked at the policemen.

"I've always wanted to go out with a bang."

Juro tossed the dynamite at a nearby gas tank and then it exploded, killing him and the policemen and destroying the warehouse. Rei and the other sins looked at the burning warehouse and then Rei shouted.

"Juro!!!"

Shiro caught up with the others and he was shocked when he saw what happened.

"I knew that old man was crazy but, to go out with a bang? I didn't think it actually happen."

"But it did..."

Rei spoke as she lowered her head in despair. Rokuro placed his hand on her shoulder and he said to her.

"Rei, we'll grieve for our leader later but for now, we need to get out of here before the police find out we're still alive."

"Right..."

Rei mumbled before she and the rest of the sins ran off.

Once the sins made their escape, they got to one of the abandoned buildings in Kyoto and then they hid in the shadows as the police searched for them. 

REI'S POV

We panted in exhaustion after making our escape and then Rokuro looked out of the window and he told us.

"I think we lost them, for now anyway."

"Karou, how did you not know this was a trap set by the police?!" Zen shouted angrily.

"I didn't know it was the police at the club when they mentioned the warehouse! how was I supposed to know?!"

"Because of you, Juro is dead!"