Chapter Three: Tune In

Start from the beginning

"I met you at dusk. We loved till midnight. Then, you left me. 2am found me at my lowest. When the sun came up, I dried my tears, found my strength, and went on with my day. As the long hours of the night drag on, so does the love, heartache, and loss. When the dawn breaks, the morning sun brings acceptance, healing, and recovery."

No way this is your writing. Who could you be talking about? Brandon? You love him. Just what on Earth am I missing?

Maybe your diary will answer all of my questions.

"Tonight is our three and a half year anniversary. Almost four years-

Seriously?

-"I know it's ridiculous to celebrate a half of a year. But Brandon does it all the time. When we first started dating, it was every month. He said that he has something to tell me tonight. Is it a proposal?"

No. No, no, no, this is not happening. This ruins my plan completely.

I'm sorry, Mia. But Brandon has to go.

~

"You seriously want to take on that modeling gig? I was joking, you know." Marnie said.

I sighed. "Yeah. I think this would be good for me."

"Okay. Well, I'll talk to Brandon before he takes Mia out tonight, and see if he can hook you up." Marnie said before she looked under the table at my shoes. "You're gonna have to do something about your style though."

"What do you mean?"

Marnie groaned and rolled her eyes. "Try a new jacket. Leather is really in nowadays. And, maybe Foot Locker. Because those shoes, are not working. You're at least in your twenties, early thirties. You dress like Dave Chapelle. And that's not working for you. At all."

I really just got talked down by a seventeen year old girl.

Marnie grabbed my phone. "You're still on team android? Oh, Joey. Brandon's model friends are gonna have to work on you."

I gave her a fake smile. "Can't wait."

~

"Okay." Brandon said with an unexpected loud and deep voice. "You're name is Maximillian, correct?"

I smiled with teeth. "Yes, that's correct."

Brandon raised an eyebrow. "You don't look like a Maximillian. More like a Steven, or a Joseph."

Shit.

He smirked. "But that's pretty fucking awesome man."

I smirked as well. "Well, you can thank my parents for that. They named me after the actor, Maximillian Marti-"

"I don't really care about proper introductions, man. It's my friends that you're going to have to worry about." Brandon interrupted.

I gave a not so nice smirk. What a fucking prick.

I nodded. "Of course. So how does this work?"